AB InBev is the world’s leading brewer. We produce over 500 beers, including world-famous brands such as Budweiser, Stella Artois and Corona. Local Africa brands such as Carling Black Label, Hero, Kilimanjaro, 2M, Eagle and we want like-minded, hard-working and passionate people to join our teams in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Technician (Packaging)
Job ID: 30015969
Location: Onitsha, Anambra
Job Type: Full-time
- An opportunity exists for a highly skilled and result driven Laboratory Technician – Packaging in our Plant located in South-East Nigeria reporting to the QC Specialist.
- The successful incumbent would carry out sampling, sample preparation and analysis of raw materials, in-process samples, and packaged product.
Amongst other duties, the Laboratory Technician – Packaging will:
- Maintain and calibrate laboratory equipment
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment
- Prepare samples and conduct sample analyses
- Request for chemicals /reagents and other working tools from Specialists
- Ensure equipment is maintained and calibrated according to manualized methods.
- Carry out specialized and highly specialized quality analyses for which the shift-based teams are not responsible.
- Record the results of analyses on appropriate information systems and communicate results where required.
- Conduct analysis of results to identify problems and improvement opportunities timeously.
- Assist the shift-based teams in the execution of quality analysis, where required.
- Conduct calibration of specialist equipment for which the labs are responsible and provide calibration assistance to.
The occupant of this position should possess:
- Minimum of B.Sc / HND in Biological Sciences / Microbiology or related field.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good auditing skills Information systems knowledge.
- Analytical ability.
- Communication skills (verbal and written).
- Problem Solving ability to work in teams.
- 1 – 2 years experience as a Laboratory Technician.
- Good knowledge of micro laboratory systems, processes, and analyses.
- Experience in the application of problem-solving techniques and statistics.
- Good understanding of HACCP, GMP standards and CIP requirements PC literacy Good all- round knowledge of AB InBev manufacturing processes and philosophies.
- Proven knowledge and experience in integrating and facilitating a multidisciplinary group of skills, specialists, and functions.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Important Information and Notice
- AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in-line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements.
- We are a company that promotes gender equality. Internal applicants require Line manager approval.
- Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/relevant information as criteria for shortlisting.
- In accordance with AB InBev duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is safe for of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations, we require all new appointments to be vaccinated as a condition of employment at our company.
Application Deadline 7th June, 2022.