Layer3 is one of the fastest growing network and security infrastructure companies in West Africa, providing award-winning services, including managed and cloud services, network security, IT infrastructure management, virtualization and mobile device management solutions.
Our unique model integrates best-of-breed technologies from global leaders such as Juniper Networks, Blue Coat, Polycom, AirWatch, F5, Extreme Networks and VMware, coupled with our next-generation metro fiber networks, to offer unparalleled services and after sales support to some of the most demanding customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Key Account Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Grade: Mid to Senior Level
Reports To: Head of Sales
- The Key Account Manager is responsible for managing key accounts, maintaining a long-term relationship with accounts, and maximizing sales opportunities within them. He/she will need a high level of innovation and eager mind in order to research, propose, and sell services and respond effectively to clients’ queries.
- The Key Account Manager will hold end-to-end process ownership of all Layer3 client’s life-cycle from Prospecting, Acquiring, Conversion (closing the deal), Retention, and Loyalty. He/she must be an energetic, detailed, and customer-focused person with the ability to prioritize work, liaise with team members, and work as an individual to achieve targets and complete goals.
- The primary objective is to develop strategic partnerships with key account decision-makers to drive revenue and position Layer3 for larger wins in the future.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Focusing on growing and developing existing clients, together with generating new business.
- Develop, penetrate and maintain relationships with key decision-makers at existing key accounts through regular planned contact
- Meet and exceed yearly sales targets.
- Playing an integral role in new business pitches and hold responsibility for the effective onboarding of new clients.
- Calculate and issue client quotations;
- Negotiate tender and contract terms to meet both client and company needs;
- Administer client accounts
- Analyzing costs and sales
- Record and maintain client contact data
- You will act as the key interface between the customer and all relevant divisions.
- Write business plans for all current and opportunity tender businesses.
- Develop a solid understanding of all unique purchasing/sourcing processes, procedures, and decision criteria to formulate a strategic account penetration plan detailing the actions necessary to effectively and profitably close orders with each account.
- Analyze customer needs and identify product solutions to fit needs, desires, and budgets.
- Search for new clients and create a database of prospects that will benefit from company products or services and maximize customer potential in designated regions.
- Develop long-term relationships with customers
- Manage and interpret customer requirements – speaking with clients to understand, anticipate and meet their needs;
- Achieve quarterly sales target
- Provides quarterly sales figure to determine budget projections
- Provide reports on new clients demanding for the company’s products
- Organize and plan work to meet deadlines
- Establish and maintain working relationships with colleagues, staff in other departments, and members of the public.
- Input data regarding quotations and sales into ERP software (with 0% error rate)
- Prepare weekly reports and track sales projections
- Prepare monthly sales report
Qualifications & Experience
- University Degree or its equivalent, preferably in Business, Computer / Electrical / Electronics Engineering or Computer Science is required
- Three or more years field sales and amount management professional experience with an ICT Solutions Provider
- Relevant experience in the sale of IT services with knowledge of solutions from major OEMs such as Juniper Networks, F5, Cisco and VMware will be an added advantage
- Strong experience selling to the public sector and NGOs will be an advantage.
Key Skills Required:
- Strong account management and relationship-building skills.
- Experience in managing major national accounts.
- Highly self-motivated.
- Sound judgment and good business sense
- Team working ability
- The ability to build relationships with clients quickly
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Resilience and tenacity
- A solid sales background;
- Ability to research and quickly disseminate information
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent skills in business and report writing
- Excellent communicator
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply