Green Space Farms (GSF) was launched in 2016. We launched with venture capital funding and supervision. Put simply, our core objective is to practice Sustainable farming which makes us a good custodian of the Land and God’s given natural resources. We are also engaging the local community to be part of our success story by providing them with employment and professional advisory services for local subsistence farmers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior Field Agronomist
Location: Lagos and Ogun
Availability: Immediate – 4 weeks
- We are recruiting for 2 experienced Field Agronomist who will assist the Farm Manager to oversee a 25 Hectares of Plantain / Banana Plantation (situated in Ogun & Lagos state respectively ).
- Support commercial crop production through regular scouting and hands-on field work.
- Monitor crops for insect and diseases.
- Mixing/loading and/or applications.
- Assist with chemical/fertilizer handling and storage management.
- Ongoing familiarization with crop production methods and practices.
- Assist with developing and executing pest management strategies.
- Facilitate storage management.
- Assist/facilitate with the development and execution of crop management strategies.
- Support research and development efforts.
- Monitor soil moisture and assist with scheduling irrigation.
- Contribute to quality control on farm operations, i.e. seed handling and cutting, planter spacing accuracy, and irrigation system uniformity, etc.
- Perform test digs to estimate yield and monitor quality.
- Evaluate plant growth and maturity.
- Provide daily supervision of Agronomy casual employees.
- Assist with fertilizer/chemical management and applications.
- Perform other tasks and responsibilities as needed.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
- OND / HND / B.Sc in relevant Field
- 3+ years of work experience, with at least 1 year of experience in Managing Plantain/ Banana Field
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills
- Good hands-on computer skills using (using Ms-Excel and Word)
- Commercial farming management experience
- Experience in irrigation management
Other Skills / competences:
- Agricultural Extension Services
Desired Skills / competences:
- Agricultural Extension Services.
- Harvest Target Bonus/ Incentive: N 500,000
- Salary Range: N1,200,000 – N2,500,000
- Full Medical Cover (HMO)
- Accident & Life Insurance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: You must state the Job title in the subject