Deko Integrated and Agro Processing Limited is a producer and exporter of agricultural produce such as Sorghum, Cassava, Soybean, Cocoa, and many other agricultural products. To boost the nation’s food security, reduce importation, and increase foreign earnings from the export of value-added agricultural product, Deko Integrated and Agro Processing Limited, located in Benin city, Edo state have dedicated crop farms in Edo State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior Agronomist
Location: Benin City, Edo
Job Type: Full Time
Reporting Line: Manager
Starting Date: Immediately
- Minimum of 3 years of previous experience in Farm Management, Agribusiness, Extension, Rural livelihoods, and development
- B.Sc / HND or MSc. Degree in Agriculture with specialization in Agronomy, Crop Science, Crop Production or General Agriculture and experience in sustainable Cocoa production a plus.
- Effective written or verbal communication skills
- Experience in managing field crop production on a large scale and must be able to take initiative and implement a quality agronomy program
- Proficiency in computer and Microsoft office Programming (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Good interpersonal relationships and must be culturally sensitive and relate well with different people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team with team building spirit and meet up with deadlines.
- Must be hardworking, diligent, and able to work under pressure.
- Knowledge of production of other crops like Soybean, Sorghum, and Maize.
- Must be ready to learn, professional, flexible, self-motivated, and willing to reside in remote areas and relocate if necessary.
- Must be able to coordinate and manage farmers’ clusters or co-operatives in a contract farming scheme
- Experience in cassava production on large scale is a must
- Knowledge of crop production practices and experience in crop and soil management essential
- Ability to monitor and supervise field workers, planting and harvesting operations, and other management practices
- Proficient in reporting and updating field activities on the organization project management application for progress and milestones tracking
- Managing crop production and providing technical backstopping to farmers
- Ability to take initiative and ensure established fields are free from pests and diseases by developing effective ways to control weeds, pests, and insects
- Collecting soil samples for laboratory testing and assisting with irrigations schedules
- Assisting with preparing the budget for field operations, planning, and management
- Experience in the use of biopesticides or other biological methods and be familiar with integrated pest management.
- Coordinate and work closely with the manager, team lead, and other members to achieve the set deliverables
- Assist and work closely with the training officer to deliver capacity-building training to farmers
- Participate in the recruitment of field support staff or any other position needed by the team
- Improving soil management practices and the use of biochar and organic manure in improving soil fertility and knowledge of organic farming production
- Keeping detailed records of farm operations, contract farmers, and input distribution
- Perform any other duties/responsibilities as may be assigned by the team lead or the manager.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 31st August, 2022.
- For more information, contact +2348063575431.
- Deko Integrated and Agro Processing Ltd offers a competitive salary and demonstrate the company’s commitment to building an inclusive, varied workplace welcoming to people of all backgrounds