The Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH (German Agency for International Cooperation) is an international enterprise owned by the German Federal government, operating in many fields across more than 130 countries.
In Nigeria, GIZ’s portfolio includes among others, a programme to support the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) in its regional integration goals. The programme aims to strengthen sector-specific capacities in the areas of Peace and Security, Customs and Trade as weir as Strategic Management and Organizational Development in
the ECOWAS Commission.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior Admin Officer
VA No: 058
- The junior admin officer will support the Finance and admin manager and the programme coordinator of the project “Promotion of Agricultural Finance for agri-based Enterprises in Rural Areas” (AgFin) in the coordination of the project administrative activities with the GIZ Country Office in Nigeria.
Job Description / Requirements
- Under the direct supervision of the Finance and admin manager the junior admin officer will:
- Provide administrative support and logistics for the office meetings and events.
- Handle the project cash and bank accounting
- Support the project procurement of goods and services in line with GIZ processes and rules
The Admin assistant performs the following tasks:
- Provide general administrative supports (Printing, copying and scanning of documents) for the GIZ AgFin project and filing documents according to the GIZ filing system
- Assist in the preparation of workshop/event materials, agenda, logistic attendance and provide admin support during project events
- Support the day to day office management for the project and the periodic inventory checks and rebelling of assets of the projects
- Handle the filing of accounting/voucher folders according to the GIZ filing system
- Support preparation for internal control for project
- Support the project procurement of goods and services.
- Assist in the preparation of procurement process and contract process in line with GIZ process and rules
- Monitor appraisers and consulting firms contracts and ensures the timely presentation of final invoices
- Check invoices for contracts and procurement for correctness before payment or submission to the country office
- Handle the project travel arrangements and liaise with the country office travel & logistics unit as the projects travel focal person on issues on travels and visa processing
- Projects cash and bank accounting
- Handle the cash payments and reconciliation for the project
- Handle cash and bank posting for the project and settlement of pending cash transactions (travel advance, verification of invoices etc)
- Other duties / additional tasks
- Act as the travel focal point for the project
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of the Finance and admin manager
Required Qualifications, Competencies and Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance/Accounting, Business Management, or related field.
Other Knowledge, Additional Competencies:
- Good analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Personal integrity and accountability
- Positive, collaborative and constructive attitude to people and work.
- Composed and good-humoured even under pressure
- Open to change and ability to manage complexities
- Team player and constructive attitude responding positively to critical feedback and differing points of view
- Advanced working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Developed attitude and awareness of service delivery
- At least 3 years of professional working experience in a similar position
- Broad experience in administration, and procurement management
- Experience in GIZ projects or other development / corporate organisations is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and one-page cover letter as one document with complete contact details to: [email protected] using “Vacancy no. 058” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only applications sent to this email will be consider (do not send your application via Linkedin)
Application Deadline 7th July, 2021.