Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc has been a part of the lives of Nigerians at home and abroad. Our global vision is to be a leading foods company in Africa providing high quality and affordable products in the most convenient ways to consumers through world class brands like Golden Penny Flour, Golden Penny Semovita, Goldenvita, Golden Pasta and Golden Noodles. The Company’s flagship brand, Golden Penny, remains one of the best known and the preferred brands amongst bakers, confectioneries and consumers in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Packaging Innovation Manager
Location: Apapa, Lagos
- The Packaging Innovation Manager will be responsible for directing and overseeing all discovery and development projects in FMN’s portfolio.
- Provides leadership of the R&D functions and is responsible for scientific coherence across the Business Units.
- Oversees all Portfolio activities and fosters scientific innovation in the area of packaging.
- Assesses new opportunities through FMN’s Portfolio function.
- Plays a role in mentoring and developing R&D staff, resource allocation, and R&D decision making.
- Responsible for providing strategic input for FMN’s mid-and long-term goals from the scientific standpoint.
- Maintain the highest quality of scientific foundations of FMN’s development process.
- Keep informed on the state-of-the-art of packaging innovation in the field.
- Through building a panel of exploratory activities, ensure that there is a flow of appropriate and quality projects in the pipeline.
- Liaise with BAGCO and/or external packaging supplier on packaging development
- Organize and ensure the quality of the documentation to be presented to the management
- B.Sc in Mechanical / Material or Chemical Engineering
- M.Sc in Materials or Chemistry
- 10 years in packaging development in the Food Industry
- Must be a good team player
- Take initiative and be proactive in problem-solving
- Have excellent communication skills and interpersonal skill.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Job Title: Technical And Process Manager
Location: Apapa, Lagos
- The Technical & Process Manager will be responsible for directing and overseeing all the development of new processes/technologies in both product and packaging to support FMN’s innovation agenda.
- Provides technical leadership within their area and is responsible for scientific coherence across the Business Units.
- Oversees all Portfolio activities and fosters scientific innovation in the area of new technologies/processes.
- Focuses primarily on strategy and on initiating, fostering, maintaining external relationships and partnerships with a host of key equipment suppliers and work with our manufacturing/engineering and product and packaging development teams to flawlessly land these new technologies within our business.
- Responsible for providing strategic input for FMN’s mid-and long-term goals from the technology/process standpoint.
- Well informed of the latest technologies pertaining to the food industry.
- Partner with key stakeholders to scope, develop and execute process improvement projects.
- Work with equipment suppliers, product/packaging developers, and plant personnel ensuring all contributors focus on targeted aspects of the project.
- Use technical and problem-solving expertise to address production process-related matters and troubleshoot plant problems.
- Update and develop key documentation including process models, Block Flow Diagrams, and equipment specs for the area of responsibility.
- Work with Star Trading Engineering team on equipment scoping for new innovation projects requiring new equipment/CAPEX
- Technical evaluation and qualification of new equipment.
- Collaborate with GM innovation and external suppliers to provide cost-effective technical solutions to the business.
- B.Sc in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- M.Sc in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 10 years in Technical / process development or Engineering in Food Manufacturing.