Job Title: Technical Manager (Port Terminal) – Expatriate
- Adexen was mandated by a leading logistics company to recruit an Expatriate Technical Manager for its Ports & Terminal activities. This role is based in Lagos, Nigeria
- Responsible for providing leadership and direction for the Technical Department and to ensure the highest level of maintenance, readiness, and repair and to keep the operational viability of the terminal facilities and all operations handling equipment.
- Responsible for ensure compliance with local HSSE policies & procedures, enforcing safe working practices and promoting a safe workplace
- Develop skills and competencies of local team
- Develops and transfers world class Terminals operations, engineering/technical and procurement capabilities, competencies, and ability to the local business (terminal).
- Implement the best practices and innovation within the industry and internationally to ensure continuous improvement within the organization.
- Perform medium and long-term planning for asset purchase, refurbishment and disposal to maintain overall asset integrity and ensure achievement of operational targets, considering total cost of ownership.
- Implement equipment maintenance strategies
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or demonstrated sound technical knowledge through experience
- Previous experience in a similar role within an international Ports & Terminal group
- Very organized
- Communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work in multicultural environment.
- Experience in Africa/Nigeria will be a plus
- Management skills, strong and attentive to his team
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply