Bolton White Hotel is a leading hospitality company located in the the heartland of Nigeria, approximately 30 minutes’ drive from the Nnamdi Azikiwe International airport, about 5 minutes drive from the international Conference Center/ National Assembly complex and the Federal Secretariat. The hotel has 176 comfortable and stylish luxury bedrooms, en-suite self-catering rooms, great cooling system in all rooms, writing desk and satellite TV, tea/coffee making facilities, direct-detail telephone/modern and Wi-Fi. Non-smoking rooms available on request.
It has various conference and banqueting facilities available with seating capacity from 160 to 200 for conference and banqueting. Each venue is air conditioned, with standard audio visual equipment, available on request.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Support Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks.
- Talk staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues.
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults and replace parts as required.
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports.
- Configuring firewalls, routing and switching to maximise network efficiency and security.
- Maximising network performance through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Arranging scheduled upgrades.
- Investigating faults in the network and updating network equipment to the latest firmware releases
- Reporting network status to key stakeholders.
- Excellent time management.
- Follow diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system.
- Set up new users’ accounts and profiles and deal with password issues.
- Work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate).
- Implementing new network solutions and/or improving the efficiency of current networks.
- Installing, configuring and supporting network equipment including routers, proxy servers, switches, WAN accelerators, DNS and DHCP.
- Must possess at least B.Sc in Computer Science or related field, or significant equivalent experience.
- Applicants must have 2 – 4 years’ experience in the above-mentioned field.
- A previous experience in a hospitality environment is preferred.
- A current/previous experience of MS Dynamic NAV, Micros and Opera is an advantage
- Working knowledge of MS Server, SQL, ADDC is an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of Software/Hardware Installations, Operating Systems, LAN, WAN etc.
- Excellent knowledge of routers, switches, WAN accelerators, DNS and DHCP
- Skilled in NVR and DVR – CCTV operations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Application Letter and Passport Photograph to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 26th February, 2022.