The Associated Press is the essential global news network, delivering fast, unbiased news from every corner of the world to all media platforms and formats. Founded in 1846, AP today is the largest and most trusted source of independent news and information. On any given day, more than half the world’s population sees news from AP.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Investigative Reporter
- Reporting to the supervising producer on AP’s global investigations team, this investigative reporter will seek to consistently break news and produce distinct, deeply reported investigative stories about the world’s oceans and marine life in all media formats.
- The successful candidate will seek out distinct “Only on AP” journalism in text and video that makes news with the power and depth of its reporting.
- The successful candidate will think creatively about how best to tell stories on mobile, digital and social media platforms, including how best to integrate data used in investigations in a story’s ultimate presentation.
- This newsperson must have the ability and willingness to work at night and on weekends, as coverage demands, as AP is a 24/7 operation.
- This newsperson will have a proven track record of world-class investigative journalism, working with colleagues from the outset of stories and projects, collaborating throughout the reporting and editing process to deliver compelling, distinctive, visually-rich journalism.
The Successful Candidate will:
- Have a demonstrated history of impactful investigative reporting, with a record of completing compelling work on deadline and produce enterprise that is illuminating and entertaining.
- Work among a team of journalists, reporters and editors to deliver investigative spot news and enterprise coverage that breaks news, has impact and is exclusive to AP.
- Have a great news sense, with the ability to communicate stories that people will want to share, like and talk about on social media and other platforms.
- Pursue innovative coverage techniques while maintaining AP’s standards for integrity and objectivity.
- ability to shoot, produce and edit video
- Have strong communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with the diverse team of journalists at the AP who operate in all formats: text, photo, video, audio, digital/social, interactive and graphics.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- All applicants must be able to work in Nigeria, or be able to gain permission to work in Nigeria.
- Advanced-level professional competency in written and spoken English. Professional competency in a language besides English is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects across formats and deliver success on a complex, challenging story lines.
- This newsperson must have demonstrated excellence as an investigative reporter or editor, with a deep record of delivering exclusive and distinctive spot news and enterprise stories rooted in investigative techniques.
- Applicants must be able to explain complex stories in clear and compelling ways and do so swiftly and accurately on tight deadlines.
- The successful candidate must be able to work effectively as a member of a team and should have at least five years of full-time experience as an investigative reporter or editor at a daily newspaper, broadcast station, online or digital news outlet, or an AP bureau or regional desk.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 7th January, 2022. 11:59 PM EST.