Alert Microfinance Bank is a leading financial service provider with core mandate of providing affordable, flexible financial and non-financial services to SME’s and Corporate Organizations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Control / Compliance Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- Internal Control / Compliance Manager at Alert Microfinance Bank is a critical role in delivering the organization’s strategic objectives by objectively assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of governance and management of risks, giving an evidence-based opinion on all aspects of governance, risk management and internal control.
- Ensure financial transactions are properly recorded summarized and reported accordingly
- Protect confidentiality of records and information gained as part of exercising professional duties and use discretions in sharing such information with legal confines
- Lead and coordinate internal audit missions
- Prepare reports of audit mission
- Ensure timely regulating reporting
- Monitoring internal audit system
- Conduct regular internal audit of the bank
- Assist in reconciliation and analysis of transactions
- Conduct client visit on regular basis
- Conduct investigations on alleged irregularities and fraud
- Assist in monitoring the business function of the branches and reporting all material findings and preparing appropriate recommendations for corrective actions
- Ensure proper safeguard of assets and proper utilization
- Mininum of B.Sc or HND in Accounts and Finance related role.
- Minimum 5 years of Cognate experience as Head of Internal Control/Compliance is a MUST.
- Chartered membership of a relevant professional association, e.g. ACA, ICAN, ACCA.
- Previous experience in Management and proficient use of accounting software E.g Quickbooks, Peachtree, SAP
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office package, especially Excel and Word
- Strong communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Promotes team work, contributes towards building team consensus and acts as a team player
- Consistently approach work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and to multi-task to meet deadlines
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send CV to: [email protected] using “Head of Internal Control / Compliance” as the mail subject.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be shortlisted.
Application Deadline: 13th August, 2021.