One17 Capital Limited is a Fund Management Company, licensed by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to provide a host of Fund Management, Ethical Investment and Financial Advisory Services to Organizations, Government Agencies, Private and Retail clients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Auditor, Risk & Compliance Manager
- The Internal Auditor, Risk & Compliance Manager has overall responsibility for the Internal Audit, Risk & Compliance function.
- The position is responsible for ensuring internal audit, risk management, and compliance activities are closely aligned with global best practices in executing the duties across the Company’s business and financial operations.
- The prospect will work closely with the Risk & Audit Committee of the Board of Directors to ensure roles, responsibilities, and results are efficiently coordinated and optimised to bring about the effectiveness of internal audit, risk management, and control matters.
- Lead Internal Audit’s change initiatives by implementing action plans related to risk assessment and annual audit planning, audit execution, audit reporting, audit staff recruiting and development, audit technology, and Board reporting.
- Oversee the execution of individual audits defined in the audit plan ensuring the highest level of service quality and client satisfaction.
- Obtain approval of the risk-based annual audit plan from the Board. Issue all Internal Audit reports ensuring the reports are clear, concise, identify root causes with practical solutions, and ultimately provide value to management.
- Maintain audit technology platform leveraging support from the information systems group as needed.
- Coordinate the activities of external auditors including how best to leverage the work performed and results produced from Internal Audit’s work.
- Actively participate in executive management meetings and/or committees to ensure that Internal Audit is well-informed of key business developments that could have an impact on audit priorities and/or plans.
- Ensure that Internal Audit is performing its work in accordance with established professional standards and remain abreast of emerging trends and best practices that can be incorporated into the function.
- Meet regularly with the Board to report the status of Internal Audit’s ongoing monitoring activities, educate/inform the Board of emerging risks and/or exposures (whether internal or external to the company) that should be considered, and serve as a “thought leader” with respect to risk management and internal control best practices.
- Manage the process to track, follow-up, and ultimately close all open audit issues leveraging the Board, if necessary.
- Oversee Internal Audit’s participation in critical business and technology initiatives and projects ensuring that the audit’s perspective is effectively voiced and appropriate controls are designed and implemented on a proactive basis.
Risk Management and Compliance:
- Facilitate development of an appropriate risk strategy and appetite of the organisation. Lead the annual risk assessment and planning process to develop the risk-based audit plan and ensure the plan is responsive to and aligned with the risk profile of the Company.
- Monitor and report on key risk indicators (KRIs) and implementation of risk mitigation strategies. Design and implement an Internal Control Framework.
- Manage and oversee internal control activities.
- Proactively inform senior management of significant risks or exposures related to internal controls, compliance, and/or governance requiring prompt attention.
- Facilitate continuous identification and periodic assessment of business risks in the operating environment and update the risk registers.
- Maintain the whistleblowing channels of the Company and provide periodic reports to the Board.
- Conduct investigations on reported cases of fraud and misconduct and prepare investigation reports.
- Work with human resources to develop and implement a sanctions grid.
- Ensure firm-wide Policy/Procedure/Regulatory Compliance.
- Maintain an efficient working relationship with relevant external auditors and regulators e.t.c.
- Make recommendation for policy amendments based on emerging issues/risks.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of IARC personnel.
- Work with business functions to identify process gaps arising from weak or inadequate business process documentation.
- Create and implement policies to maintain a sound ethical culture within the Company.
- Serve as the key point person on all regulatory exams and other third-party audits.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related discipline with relevant Postgraduate Degree and or professional qualifications such as – ICAN, ANAN, ACCA etc.
- 5 – 7 years of post NYSC experience.
- Multi-disciplinary disposition
- Professional accounting membership (ICAN, ANAN, ACCA, etc.)
- Knowledge of internal control or risk management is essential.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-based environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to take initiative, come up with solutions, value for money and make first hand decision.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is essential
- Policy and regulatory knowledge, interpretation and application
- Proven working experience as an Internal Auditor or Senior Auditor.
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office accounting software and databases (Microsoft Dynamics preferably)
- Ability to analyse large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Self-motivated and result oriented
- Team work and collaboration
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resumes to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 19th June, 2022.