At the Olive Prime Centre, we are committed to providing individuals with a flexible pathway to full recovery. We intend to provide support for our service users where we engage them in various psychological therapies and other complimentary activities which in the long term equips them with a more realistic and flexible form of recovery.
We are seeking suitable candidates to join the team in the position below:
Job Title: Internal Auditor
- Plans financial, regulatory, compliance or operational reviews/audits.
- Coordinates work with Risk, Legal & Compliance and other control-related activities and with others within Internal Audit.
- Conducts financial risk assessments and identifies controls in place to mitigate identified risks.
- Ensure daily compliance on the internal and financial policies of the facility
- Do a daily call over on all expenses across all organizations and ensure that all postings are correctly done
- Takes routine stocks check and verify that records in the bin cards show true representation of stock on ground
- Ensure that costs are not over stated on all expenses.
- Ensure compliance on all regulatory policies.
- Ensure that internal control system is in place so as to control loss, theft and risk in the facility.
- Identifies any internal control gap and recommend measures for its improvement.
- Report to management all risk issues in accordance with auditing standards.
- Prepares timely audit reports for executive management, the Audit Committee and the Board of Directors.
- Assess, evaluate and promote compliance to internal policies.
- Contributes, as appropriate, in the year-end financial audit with the external auditor.
- Provides advice on internal control and participates in enhancing internal audit standards and practices within OlivePrime
- Researches new or technical subjects when required to support audits (e.g., OSFI Guidelines, market risk, financial instruments, etc.)
- Provide feedback on Accounting Procedures.
- Review the final accounts prepared by the accountant before the external audit reviews the account.
- Advices management on any internal control issue.
- Performs audit procedures to verify that controls are operating through testing and interviewing techniques.
- Analyses and concludes on effectiveness and efficiency of control environment.
- Identifies control gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Documents the results of audit work in accordance with audit department and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards.
Competencies / Attributes:
- Contributes to High Performing Teams – May include supervision of Accountant and account assistant on projects to follow, sound internal control practices and to manage financial risks appropriately.
- Acts as a Team Player – Collaborate and supporting colleagues and peers across the organization, while still being able to work independently when needed.
- Results Oriented – Meet deadlines on assignments, juggle multiple demands and to work with all types of individuals up to and including the CEO.
Committed to Self-Development Requirements:
- Excellent knowledge of healthcare financial business operations and risk-based auditing attained through 4 – 7 years of progressive work experience with a focus on financial risk and regulatory requirements.
- Excellent understanding of the standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and ability to fully comply with IIA standards
- Ability to manage projects and, when required, work with the accountant to follow sound internal control practices and to manage risks appropriately.
- Strong skills in negotiating, relationship building, problem solving, and timely problem escalation.
Deliverables / Key Performance Indicator:
- Monthly Report/ Advise on Return on investment of OlivePrime
- Continuous audit tests and their results Monthly
- Good number of managements agreed actions outstanding, putting emphasis on any overdue actions. This is related to the financial advice rendered by the internal Auditor.
- Monthly Rich content of audit report based on proper research and analysis
- Above all customer satisfaction without compromising on objectivity
- Completed audit plans per year/period
- Business or revenue enhancement opportunities identified and proposed/ cost saving strategies.
- Policy and procedure breaches reported in the period – Weekly Report
- Emerging risks discovery- Forensic Auditing. Monthly Review
- Status of compliance test completion and report of any failures with their remediation plans
- B.Sc in Business or Accounting.
- Minimum of 5 years proven work experience.
- Relevant certifications associated with the job position.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills, ability to negotiate at all levels.
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Direct experience in Audit and Compliance required. Good knowledge in auditing and accounting practices.
- ACCA / ICAN / ACA / CIA / CISA.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title – Location as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 31st July, 2021.