Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information and Communication Technology for Development (ICT4D) Officer
Reference ID: 210000DD
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employee Status: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
- CRS has a long and rich history of collaboration with the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (Global Fund). Since 2003, CRS has been awarded over $290 million in Global Fund resources to implement programs in 27 countries. For the 2018-2020 Global Fund Malaria grant, CRS remained a Co-Principal Recipient (PR) with NMEP, strengthening the synergy and collaboration with NMEP to improve efficiency and impact.
- CRS worked closely with NMEP, Society for Family Health (SFH), Malaria Consortium, various state governments and other stakeholders to coordinate and implement the 2018-2020 long lasting insecticidal net (LLIN) mass campaigns in 13 states. CRS provided oversight and ICT4D leadership for the LLIN campaigns and implemented directly in some of the states.
- For the 2021-2023 Global Fund Malaria grant, CRS will remain a Co-PR with NMEP and provide robust oversight to the 3 Sub Recipients (SRs) (Society for Family Health, Management Sciences for Health and Malaria Consortium). CRS will deploy over 6,100 ICT4D devices for use during Insecticide Treated Nets (ITN) mass campaigns in the 13 GF supported states. CRS will also oversee SRs and support a range of malaria treatment and prevention services at the state level.
- S/he will coordinate and deliver various Red Rose (ICT4D) related services in accordance with established agency ICT policies, procedures, and service standards to support high-quality mass distribution of the LLINs.
- S/he will provide responsive, professional service and technical support to CRS staff and partners to ensure efficient operation and use of CRS information sharing, communication, and collaboration technologies.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Support the setup, configuration and deployment of ICT4D devices for the operation and implementation of health interventions to ensure efficient service delivery against established policies, procedures, and service standards.
- Deploy, configure, and maintain Red Rose applications and utilities and AirWatch on android devices for the GF Malaria Project.
- Provide timely and quality service delivery, technical support, and advice to user requests to ensure proper user access to agency business data and information.
- Prepare statistical reports on ICT-related data and metrics. As needed, implement measures to ensure required standards are met.
- In collaboration with relevant staff, maintain inventory of ICT equipment, hardware, and software and ensure adequate supply and functionality, both in the office and in the field.
- Provide input to budget for ICT related expenses.
- Coordinate relationships with suppliers to facilitate delivery of ICT-related services that meet CRS business requirements and needs.
- Support capacity building initiatives, remotely or on-site, to staff, partners and end-users to ensure efficient and consistent adoption and use of ICT applications.
- Maintaining documentation of processes, procedures, concept notes, strategies implemented and yet to be implemented.
- Configure, monitor and maintain the Cash and Asset Transfer (CAT) platform and data collected using the ICT4D devices as per the CAT Strategy requirement and agency business data policies and procedures.
- Provide field-level technical support to campaign personnel on the CAT platform and CAT devices during the various pre-campaign trainings and LLIN mass campaigns.
- Troubleshoot and address any issues to ensure optimal performance of the databases, networks, servers and devices.
- Manage and supervise ICT4D Consultants and Training and Technology Administrators (TTAs) assigned to support GF LLIN Mass Campaign states, evaluate their performance conduct periodic assessment and coaching sessions to increase quality of work and enhance productivity.
- Ensure appropriate monitoring and evaluation of project information and communication technology activities, including providing input to appropriate logical framework and indicator development.
- Provide oversight and technical support to SRs and partners on the use of the CAT Strategy for the implementation of LLIN Mass Campaigns and other health programs.
- Provide timely and quality service delivery and technical support to user requests in ensuring proper user access and data utilization according to agency business data and information policies, also ensuring project scope is delivered within set timeline.
- Ensure the prompt resolution and closure of all issues related to the use of the technology reported using RedMine and other support and communication applications.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 75 %.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Global Fund Malaria Program Team; Deputy Country Representative; finance staff, country office ICT Manager; HQ GKIM team
- External: Red Rose Team, SMoH staff, NMEP staff, malaria partners, end-users, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT related field (Computer Science, Computer Networking, Programming, and Information Systems) required. Significant work experience in a directly related field combined with appropriate training/certificates may substitute for degree.
- Desired certifications include Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate or equivalent, Cisco Certified Network Associate or equivalent, Microsoft SharePoint Foundations or equivalent and ITIL Foundation Certified.
- Minimum of three years work experience in a position with similar responsibilities.
- Experience in introduction, design, implementation, and adoption of relevant technology and data management tools.
- Demonstrated capacity in management of network/server software and hardware devices and platforms.
- Grasp of complex network, security, mobile, desktop, server, telephony, backup, application and database technologies.
- Experience with ITSM and systems management tools preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good relationship management skills. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally with a strong client-service focus.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate technical ideas and concerns in a non-technical manner.
- Strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture, make sound decisions, and offer non-standard solutions.
- Able to maintain confidential information.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
- Basic understanding of business analysis concepts and best practice.
- Demonstrated experience building ICT capacity with professional staff.
- Knowledge of ICT4D trends, applications, and technologies.
- Expert-user level knowledge of agency-supported ICT4D solutions.
- Solid knowledge of backup and disaster recovery systems.
- Knowledge of MS Project and Office applications.
- Strong client-service focus; able to work with diverse groups of people in a team-oriented environment.
- Skilled in obtaining information necessary to accomplish duties.
- Able to prioritize work, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at functional level.
- Able to quickly research, learn, and implement new technologies.
- Able to communicate technical ideas and concerns in a non-technical environment.
- Willingness and ability to travel to field locations at least 75% and sometimes on short notice.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results:
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
What We Offer
- CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Deadline: 19th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Nigerian Nationals Only
- All positions requiring residence or frequent travel outside their home country must undergo and clear a pre-employment medical examination.
- Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people – especially children and vulnerable adults – to live free from abuse and harm.
- CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (For all US and International positions).