Calaya Engineering Services is a limited liability company that is specialized in Industrial & Oil Field Chemicals, Well Operations & Wellhead Maintenance, Corrosion Control, Monitoring & Prevention, Steel Structure Design, Construction & Fabrication, Cathodic Protection Services, Sand blasting & Coating, Calibration, Certification and Pressure Testing, Hybrid Acoustic Technology (HAT), Statutory Inspections and Nondestructive Testing, Waste & Environmental Management and Procurement.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HVAC and Utilities Maintenance Engineer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment Type: Contract
About the Job
- Production level: 114 000 bopd to 200.000 bopd
- Company staff managed (number of persons) during operations:
- Contractors staff managed (number of persons) during operations: 5 Contractors/OEM team during campaigns
- Budget (in Millions USD): The technology involved in the job: HVAC system including Electrical, Instrumentation, PLC, Valves & Mechanical equipment’s linked to HVAC installations (Carrier Chillers units, Air Handling Unit, Dampers & Fire Dampers System, air balancing adjustment, HVAC Piping, and Ducting, Kitchen Hoods); Kitchen & Living quarters various equipment’s including plumbing works; General FPSO Electrical Equipment (i.e. UPS; E-motor; Power generation; ECS; PDCS; switch and distribution boards; etc.)
Service Contents / Problem Solving Activities:
- Assist Head, Electrical Support for the updating of the Maintenance Plans, may involve procedures drafting, drawings issuance, studies performance, spare parts identification reviews, tools reviews, documentation filing, binding or data capture in computerized systems.
- Act as back-up for electrical support engineer if the need arises
- Pays regular visits to the offshore and warehousing site and participates to the jobs as required; may be involved in operational works including major shutdowns. May be incorporated into maintenance working shifts as the case may be, as required during major operations.
- Provides assistance and logistic support as required for the provision of resources: vendors, additional manpower, services, tools, spare parts, consumables, and other materials. Coordinates the transfer offshore of these resources.
- Coordinates as required the repairs required to be subcontracted outside.
- Attends materials repairs or inspection (QA/QC) in the LADOL or in Contractors facilities.
- Coordinates, according to the instructions received from hierarchy, his activities with the MTMC (Maintenance and Technical Methods Contractor) method and planning engineers based in Lagos.
- Follows-up into Unisup, the computerized maintenance management system, the registration of the works, of the consumed materials, of the services, and so on.
- Follows-up the spare parts and consumables consumption, reports anomalies, and initiates suitable action in order to prevent a shortage.
- Ensures that COMPANY’s HSE regulations are respected (especially procedures related to Work Permits), as well as approved operating procedures and standard industry practice during preparation and performance of maintenance operations placed under his responsibility,
- Ensures that COMPANY’s HSE regulations are respected especially linked environmental concerns linked to HVAC activities
- Supports the FPSO operational teams as requested in areas of their own specialty, including drafting working procedures, maintenance programmes, and providing associated logistic support. As instructed, develops maintenance methods tools in own area of competence, analyses the works and practices, and suggests ways of optimization.
- Performs technical studies in his field of competence as instructed in view of improving performance or upgrading the facilities.
- Follows up on the technical problems raised, follows up on the technical and contractual files, as instructed, follows up on the warranty claims and the implementation of the corrective actions.
- Performs equipment performance analysis; develops and puts in place enhanced condition monitoring programmes.
- Follows-up the day-to-day activities of the offshore teams; remains available to provide them the assistance and support as needed.
- Ensure HSE is given the highest priority, and particularly that personnel is adequately trained to execute work assignments, that personnel complies with job instructions, that potential hazards are immediately addressed, and stop work execution if safety is not guaranteed.
- Coordinate these actions with concerned staff, from both offshore and onshore sites.
- Reviews the requests for materials, defines the technical specifications for purchase.
- Controls the condition of materials in warehouses, takes action for improvement as needed.
- Maintains and updates the technical documentation
- Performs periodic and ad-hoc reports as required.
- Ensures that the transfer of knowledge by mentoring occurs properly within site teams, and actively participates in it
- Ensures proper management with site team of workshops, offices, tools, metrology equipment, PPEs, consumables, and special tools
Within the framework of Deep Water DW Operations, the main objectives are, in the field of HVAC, to:
- Assist Head, Electrical Support for the updating of the Maintenance Plans including dedicated procedures, spare parts coverage, tools selection, and other technical aspects, in accordance with the Maintenance Policy.
- Act as back-up for electrical support engineer if the need arises
- Provide assistance for mobilization and coordination of external resources (vendors, contractors, means, and equipment) to support the offshore staff in view of ensuring equipment integrity
- Monitors the functioning and running parameters of all critical equipment are in coordination with Smart Room
- Ensure follow-up of HVAC equipment’s including the tracking of corrective action until their closures
- Ensure follow-up dedicated follow-up of Environmental concerns linked to our HSE rules and international regulations, with particulars attention on HVAC Gas Refrigerant consumption (monthly tracking with dedicated trending)
- Ensure follow-up of Kitchen & Living quarters equipment’s including the tracking of corrective action until their closures
- Provide technical assistance at site, or in contractor workshops for maintenance interventions preparation (including major shutdown or overhaul works), maintenance works follow-up, works supervision, material receipt, or specific investigations, studies, equipment condition monitoring, etc.
- Ensure good implementation of the Permit To Work (PTW) system and Lock out/ Tag out procedure
- Coordinator JSA activity
- Perform studies or technical-administrative tasks as required for routine operations or in view of maintenance or equipment optimization.
Qualifications / Experience
- Engineer University Degree in Electrical or equivalent
- Knowledge in HVAC system including Electrical, Instrumentation, PLC, Valves & Mechanical Equipment linked to HVAC installations (Chillers units, Air Handling Unit, Dampers & Fire Dampers System, air balancing adjustment, HVAC Piping and Ducting, Kitchen Hoods); Gas refrigerants, Kitchen & Living quarters various equipment including plumbing works; ATEX rules
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years experience as HVAC Engineer
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply