Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited was founded in Abuja in January, 2008. The hospital started as a mono specialty centre and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics Ltd. Within a few years the hospital expanded its scope of services and has become a leading private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organisation is to provide world class specialist healthcare services to patients in Nigeria and the West African sub region.
Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited currently has four hospitals located in Abuja, Lagos, Kainji and Jebba having over one hundred (100) bed capacity without patient camps in several other cities across Nigeria. Our services and facilities span several specialities and include emergency / trauma centre, radiology diagnostic centre, prosthetic manufacturing plant, oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, gastrointestinal endoscopy suite and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Hierarchy: This role reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
Pupose of the Role
- The Human Resources Manager develops and implements HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy. Bridging management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues, as well as managing the recruitment and selection process.
Key Performance Area:
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Bridge management and employee relations.
- Recruitment and Selection by attracting, retaining and motivating staff.
- Manage the recruitment process for employees and consultants ensuring that the right talent is identified and attracted, locally and internationally.
- Implement performance management/talent management initiatives in order to ensure enhanced knowledge and skills sharing / transfer.
- Ensure that active performance management is practiced effectively.
- Oversee and manage the probationary period and an annual appraisal system, thereby ensuring that goals are set for staff and that effective mentoring and periodic reviews are conducted prior to confirmation of employment and that annual appraisals are carried out effectively thereafter.
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital.
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization.
- Nurture a positive working environment.
- Maintain pay plan and benefits program.
- Coordinate and manage the orientation of new employees, process probationary reviews, employee evaluations and terminations. Analyze the skills and qualities required for each particular job and develop new job descriptions when needed.
- Manage the contracting process for employees and consultants. • Ensure that the on-boarding and staff induction process is up to date and conducted by Hospital and Line Managers.
- Identify training / skills / competency needs within the Group.
- Coordinate career development, succession planning and talent management needs in partnership with line management.
- Compile accurate monthly management reports as required.
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics.
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management.
- Develop, update, revise and implement all HR policies and procedures.
- Set salary scales/grades and allowances to ensure parity across the Group.
- Maintain oversight of all administrative responsibilities of junior HR staff within the Group.
- Carry out regular internal audits of the HR system and its processes.
- Manage the payroll system and be responsible for forwarding final accurate pay run data to the Finance Department within the required timeframe.
Education, Certification and Experience Requirements
- Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Proven working experience as HR Manager.
- Demonstrable experience with Human Resources metrics.
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases.
- In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices.
- People oriented and results driven
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills.
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
Note: This job description is not exhaustive and will evolve as the Company’s organizational needs change.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 31st May, 2021.