Solidarites International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 40 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food and shelter. SI is present in North-East Nigeria since 2016 and is currently operating in 4 bases across Borno State (Maiduguri, Monguno, Ngala, and Dikwa) with outreach capacities across all BAY States through its emergency component. Currently, SI carries out emergency/post – emergency programs in WASH/FSL sector in North-West Nigeria where limited actors are currently present.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
- The HR Assistant assists and supports the HR Coordinator – Deputy in day to day managing general operational and administrative tasks in particularly recruitment and selection, contract management, payroll management, leave and attendance management, personnel management; HR reporting, etc.
Human Resources Administration:
- Participate and support the recruitment process (complete cycle) for national staff, and ensure respect of recruitment process
- Organize, schedule and conduct the HR briefing and/or induction sessions
- Ensure that personnel files are kept up to date and deadlines respected (annual performance, contract amendments)
- Take the necessary steps with authorities if required (registering personnel, submitting documents)
- Consolidate the SI ID card needs and process accordingly.
- Keep informed of all documents and developments associated with employment law, employment in general, and staff training
- Ensure that HR policies and procedures are respected and understood at mission level
- Assist in the administrative and contractual management of personnel recruitment and hiring
Payroll, Tax and Social Contributions Management:
- Coordinate monthly salaries calculation and payroll processing for the whole mission in collaboration with bases and HR Coordinator – Deputy
- Update and check the monthly related HR databases and payroll variables
- Ensure the payslips signature and archiving
- Ensure the monthly submission of all social and legal contributions to finance department and pension providers each month.
- Ensure that staff personal files are kept up to date and archived according as per the proper guidelines; for the whole mission
- Ensure HR documents and files are ready in preparation for Audit
- Ensure hard and soft archiving, as well as ensuring the security of HR/administrative documents.
- Prepare the monthly HR reporting pack, check and consolidate for the whole mission and send it to HR Coordinator – Deputy
- Ensure the respect of the HR monthly calendar
- Report to each head of department on a weekly and monthly basis Human Resources related information about their respective teams.
- Update monthly the International Staff FU and prepare the HR shuttle for HQ before HR coordinator – Deputy’s validation.
Communication / Representation:
- Work closely with and support the Administrative Managers and assistants
- Ensure that relevant HR information are published on the information board
- Report to the HR Coo – Deputy any alerts concerning Solidarités International Staff and support the in the social dialogue.
- Ensure the HR data and information confidentiality.
- Professional experience: 2 years of relevant experience (NGO/Private or Public sector) and 1 year of progressive experience in an INGO
- IT skills: Good knowledge in Homere, Excellent knowledge of MS Office software: Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point.
- Personal qualities: rigorous, organized, able to manage important workload, good learning capacity, good communication, reactive, team spirit, assertive, attentive to details, resistance to stress.
- Education: B.Sc in Finance, Economics, Business / Public Administration or related Degree
- Languages: English compulsory (Hausa – Added Advantage)
- Good knowledge of archiving & file/record management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 15th December, 2022.
- Select HR Assistant, fill the form and attach your CV and motivation letter.
- The CV attached must be named with your first name and surname.
- Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the application closing date