Pandagric Novum Limited was incorporated in 2006 under the name Novum Agric Industries. The business commenced operations in 2010, with the manufacture and distribution of commercial poultry feed, and in 2018, through a consortium of international and local investors, commenced its expansion and backward integration, which involves the expansion of its manufacturing activities, warehousing capacity and commercial farming activities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE Training Facilitator
Reference Number: Panda/HSSE/2022/00001
Location: Panda, Nasarawa
Employment Type: Full-time
- The HSE trainer is responsible for ensuring that employees are trained to follow proper safety procedures and protocols.
- The HSE trainer may also be tasked with conducting training sessions on various topics related to workplace safety, or how to use specialized equipment safely.
- The HSE trainer must have a deep understanding of the subject matter he/she is teaching. He/she need to know which practices are safe and which are dangerous so they can effectively communicate this information to their audience and also adapt training methods and materials to support mitigation of issues identified.
- To prepare & assess new and current machine operators for our specific needs and operations and to verify competence & further training requirements.
- The HSE trainer is responsible for planning and delivering lessons that promote new employees and current employees theoretical and applied safety skills. HSE trainer shall also communicate with, as well as assess, new employees and current employees to ascertain which of their abilities require further development.
- To be successful as HSE Training Facilitator, you should maintain excellent communication with employees at all times on all levels.
- The HSE trainer will tailor their instructions and training to meet the needs of processes/employees, while still meeting targets set by the organization.
Summarised below are the areas of responsibility (with inclusion of the objectives):
- Preparing lessons that are tailored to employee and company requirements and needs.
- Providing instruction on health, safety & environmental processes, procedures and protocols.
- Teaching practical skills related to all aspects of operations & workplace HSE.
- Documenting and reporting on departmental and employee training progress as well as on the job safety progress.
- Developing and plan training written assessments & competency evaluation.
- Ensure employees adhere to HSE requirements while on duty.
- Ensure that all employees use the 4 Steps to Safety Principles to ensure they operate in a safe manner.
- Align all training requirements and materials to suit the Pandagric Novum’s operations.
- Ensure all employees adhere and understand the PNL Critical to Life Activities & Lifesaving rules.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and understand the requirements pertaining to the PNL – Safety Disciplinary Matrix.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with stakeholders in the community to promote HSE awareness
- Conducting research on HSE topics and developing educational materials based on findings
- Compiling of weekly HSE toolbox talks that are aligned to PNL operations and requirements.
- Training all employees on company HSE policies and procedures, including new hires and regular refreshers for existing employees
- Ensure HSE Induction training is completed for all PNL permanent staff, and annual refreshers are completed.
- Evaluating employee performance to ensure that they are complying with HSE rules and standards
- Conducting investigations into employee accidents or near misses to determine causes and prevent future incidents from occurring
- Preparing training material such as lesson plans, handouts, and slide presentations as may be required.
- Conducting training sessions on topics such as fire safety, accident prevention, and emergency response procedures
- Interpreting federal, state, and local regulations regarding occupational health and safety standards and implementing policies to ensure compliance.
- Reviewing reports of accidents or hazards in the workplace and implementing corrective measures & training to mitigate or reduce risk.
- Completion of Planned Task/Job Observations.
Key Result Areas
The main characteristics of accountabilities are:
- Ensure HSSE Compliance.
- Drive Culture Change.
- Ensure HSSE Competence.
Operating Environment, Framework & Boundaries:
- Must be aware and always implement Corporate Governance and procedures.
- Ensure all work is carried out to the company standard at all times.
- Must abide by the company Health, Safety and Security policies at all times.
- Must ensure within the scope of your responsibilities that Health, Safety and Security is considered and taken into account.
- Must be alert to Security, Health and Safety issues and report any information, observations, or concerns to the identified stakeholders within your operational areas promptly.
- Ensure all letters, emails, reports, or other documentation are of a high standard and promote the image of the company.
- Must be aware of the importance of Health and Safety and Security issues and to be an effective role model in this area by working safely and securely at all times.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Communicate with all customers/contacts and stakeholders in an effective and professional manner.
- Ensure all communications whether verbal or written are clear, concise, and accurate.
- Ensure all communications are appropriate to the situation and instil trust and confidence in the customer, colleague, or external agency.
- Be an active member of the team ensuring that support and co-operation is given to other members to assist in the achievement of company objectives.
- Work proactively with colleagues to give a professional and speedy support to every arm of the Company.
- Participate in the creation of a stable and cohesive team within the company and assist all employees to maximise their contribution to the business.
- Be adaptable and flexible in respect of work undertaken as the needs of the business dictate.
- Project a professional image at all times and act as a good ambassador for the company.
- Ensure that internal documentation or systems are completed in such a way that it may be easily interpreted or accessed by other colleagues.
- Establish and maintain relationships with external providers/agencies to facilitate the provision of an effective and efficient service to the customer.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree / HND.
- Valid driver’s license or certification.
- Minimum of 3 years and above related experience in HSE Training (proof in this regard to be provided)
- Valid driving license.
- Proven experience as a HSE Training Facilitator & evidence regarding training in this regard required.
- Relevant HSE Training with evidence provided.
- Clear criminal record.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Patience and enthusiasm.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Time management skills.
- Excellent HSE skills.
- Good technical skills.
- Excellent observation skills.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Ability to work during evenings and on weekends, or as required.
- Good Understanding of safety operations, safety principle & practises.
- Good Understanding of Occupational Health, Safety & Environment in and industrial and farming environment.
- Organisation Skills & ability to multitask
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent Computer skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter as a single document, addressing the position requirements and reference number to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Reference Number as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 14th December, 2022.