MainOne Cable is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa.
MainOne Cable’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE Coordinator
Job Type: Permanent
- The HSE Coordinator shall support and advise the business on all aspects of Health, Safety, and Environmental management across the Group as required under applicable laws or regulations.
- The HSEC shall therefore establish, manage and implement standards, environmental regulations requirements, policies, processes, communications, training, and systems to ensure all responsibilities under applicable environmental regulations and/or associated with Occupational Health and Safety within the company are adhered to and best practices are adopted.
- The HSE Coordinator shall also plan, monitor, and review MainOne’s protective and preventative measures and work to minimize operational losses, occupational health problems, accidents, and injuries.
Specifically, the HSEC shall:
- Review and implement HSE policy and procedures to ensure all operations are conducted safely and efficiently in compliance with relevant regulatory and client requirements.
- Establish OH&S policies, goals, and objectives, and plans to achieve them taking into account all occupational risks and hazards.
- Prepare health and safety strategies and develop/outline safe internal operations procedures/policies to support their implementation and consider all relevant hazards.
- Manage the Organization’s interface with relevant regulatory agencies.
- Coordinate all environmental studies such as Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA), Environmental Audit (EA), Compliance Monitoring, and ensuring timely renewal of permits/certificates as at when due.
- Conduct risk assessments/job hazard analysis and recommend control measures to ensure these risks are reduced to as low as reasonably practicable.
- Coordinate and organize HSE meetings with employees and contractors.
- Manage and coordinate HSE audits and inspections across all MainOne offices, facilities, third-party facilities, and project sites. Prepare reports and propose recommendations for improvement.
- Identify training needs, sensitize and provide crucial HSE awareness training to all employees on health and safety-related issues and topics.
- and field operations team to implement contractor safety requirements, and carry out supervision on projects.
- Assist technical sales and project managers in preparing and providing HSE documents for customers, attend customer contractor safety forums and workshops.
- Prepare and provide HSE weekly and monthly reports to Management.
- Assist with other tasks assigned as necessary to support the unit.
- Keep up to date with safety and environmental issues, new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of HSE legislation and any developments that affect the MainOne business.
- Build HSE capacity across the Group
- Advise the business of all applicable HSE compliance requirements and international standard best practices
- Conduct investigations on incidents/accidents and near misses, prepare reports proposing remedial measures to prevent a recurrence and provide statistical information to Management. Manage and coordinate all emergency responses and provide reports.
- Maintain all fire safety equipment and ensure the servicing of fire safety systems (fire alarm, fire extinguisher, fire suppression, fire hydrant) across all locations.
- Assist technical procurement in HSE evaluation during the selection of contractors, work with capital projects
- Perform other responsibilities, as assigned by the Line Manager.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor of Science or Advanced Degree in Safety Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, or Environmental Sciences, or in a related discipline.
- Must have 5 – 8 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to develop and review policies, procedures, and processes.
- Able to develop presentation slides and deliver training.
- Able to research and interpret relevant data.
- Able to communicate effectively (both written and verbal) with a variety of stakeholders both within and outside the Company.
- Able to meet deadlines, deal with competing demands, and prioritize own work program.
- Effective administrative and organizational skills.
- Certification in HSE Level 1, 2 & 3 and/or NEBOSH International General Certificate (IGC) 1-3 in Occupational Health & Safety. Other HSE training will be an added advantage.
- Membership of any relevant professional body (ISPON, NES, IIRSM, NISE).
- Applied knowledge in environmental management & assessment, HSE audits & inspections, monitoring, and planning.
- Demonstratable knowledge in the practical implementation of relevant standards such as ISO 45001 & 14001.
- Experience in investigating incidents, near miss and writing reports.
Demands of the Job
- Must be skilled in the standards, regulations, best practices, and procedures within the health, safety, and environmental fields.
- Must be able to attend safety forums, seminars, and conferences.
- Must be able to perform the above duties within and outside MainOne’s commercial/operational office.
- Must be able to work with other safety personnel outside MainOne.
- Must be able to travel when required.
- Must be able to work at all levels within and outside the organization and have the ability to work in a diverse and multi-cultural workgroup.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply