Solidarities International is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 40 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food and shelter. SI is present in North-East Nigeria since 2016 and is currently operating in 4 bases across Borno State (Maiduguri, Monguno, Ngala, and Dikwa) with outreach capacities across all BAY States through its emergency component. Currently, SI carries out emergency / post – emergency programs in WASH sector in North-West Nigeria where limited actors are currently present.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Coordinator – Deputy
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Start date: ASAP
Contract Duration: Contract duration is 4 Months – Maternity Cover (No Extension)
Goal / Purpose
- The HR Coordinator Deputy supports the HR coordinator in defining and implementing the national HR policy.
- He/she guarantees the correct implementation of HR and SI policy on the mission.
- He/she supports the HR Coordinator in the administrative management, follow-up and visa process related international staff.
- Upon request, ensure the HR Coordinator responsibilities and tasks (in case of absence) in direct link with the Country Director
- He/she ensures legal, fiscal and administrative support to HR Coordinator and administrators for all National HR related matters.
- He/she actively participates in implementing training and development programs for national staff.
List of Main Activities
Design and Implementation of the national HR policies:
- Take part in the development of the national HR policies
- Participate in defining and monitoring the implementation of HR policies
- Evaluate risks linked to changes in social policies
- Ensure the SI functions Grid is applied on the mission and the recruitment process respected
- If necessary, participate in rewriting the Salary Grid (benchmark…)
- Continually ensure coherence between SI HR policy and national laws
- Propose improvements to employee working conditions
- Ensure appropriateness and coherence between mission job descriptions and SI standard Job Descriptions
Human Resources management (national and international):
- Design and implement HR training sessions for SI Managers and for the administrative teams
- Supervise annual performance process; participate in implementing staff promotions
- Improve recruitment procedures; participate in the recruitment process for national staff
- Ensure relations with employee, in particular by taking part in the HR meetings
- Ensure minimum staffing levels for the administrative service during periods of absence (vacation, illness…)
- Design and put in place an annual training program, supervise its implementation and monitor its impact
- Participate in the implementation of career planning and the management of staff mobility
Human Resources Administration:
- Keep informed of all documents and developments associated with employment law, employment in general, and staff training
- Ensure that personnel files are kept up to date and deadlines respected (annual performance, contract amendments, visa, Flight ticket, break…)
- Take the necessary steps with authorities if required (registering personnel, submitting documents…)
- Update the monthly HR reporting Pack, check and consolidate for the whole mission
- Ensure the respect of the HR monthly calendar
- Ensure that HR procedures are respected and understood at mission level
- Supervise the administrative and contractual management of personnel recruitment and hiring
- Organize and conduct the HR briefing and/or induction sessions
Payroll, Tax and Social Contributions Management:
- Proceed and supervise the monthly salaries calculation and payroll processing for the whole mission
- Ensure the monthly calculation of the Tax and social contribution for the whole mission
- Ensure that Taxes and social contributions statements and payments are made to the concerned authorities for the whole mission
- Update and check the monthly related HR databases and payroll variables
- Ensure the payslip signature and archiving at time of all payroll related documents
- Ensure that staff personal files are kept up to date and archived according to the proper guidelines for the whole mission
- Ensure preparation of HR files for Audit
- Ensure hard and soft archiving, as well as ensuring the security of HR/administrative documents
- Ensure that hard files from the bases are brought back to coordination on a regular basis
- Conduct the quarterly mailing of HR archives to HQ
- Update and consolidate monthly the mission organizational chart and its targeted version
- Update and consolidate the monthly statistical report for HQ
- Update and consolidate the SI ID card needs and send to the Logistics department
- Report to each head of department on a weekly and monthly basis Human Resources related information about their respective teams.
- Update monthly the International Staff FU and prepare the HR shuttle for HQ
Communication / Representation:
- Work closely with and support the Administrative Managers
- Establish and maintain relationships with the administrative, legal, fiscal authorities at a national level
- Is the focal point of the consultants with who SI is working on HR related matters (Tax, Visa, lawyers)
- Ensure that relevant HR information are published on the information board
- Report to the HR Coo any alerts concerning Solidarites International Staff and support the HR Coordinator in the social dialogue
- Ensure the HR data and information confidentiality
- Assist the HR coordinator with report related HR, proposals and withdrawing up HR sizing set-up
- Participate to the HR strategy definition
- Participate to the internal and external HR meetings and represented SI upon request
- Education: B.Sc. Finance, Economics, Business Administration or related degrees
- Professional experience: 3 years of relevant experience (NGO/Private or Public sector) and 2 years of progressive experience in an INGO
- IT skills: Excellent knowledge in Homere, Good knowledge of Office software: Saga, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Personal qualities: rigorous, organized, able to manage important workload, good learning capacity, good communication, reactive, team spirit, good written and analyses capacities, resistance to stress.
- Languages: English compulsory (Hausa/Kanuri – Added Advantage)
- Admin related skills: good knowledge of the project cycle, budget follow-up, recruitment, payroll, etc.
What We Offer
Salary + food & housing contributions + social benefits (medical coverage, 24 days of Annual leaves per year, compassionate leaves, public holidays as announced by government, festive bonus, Life insurance – covering death and permanent disability) etc.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Select HRCO – Deputy, fill the form and attach your CV.
- The CV attached must be named with your first name and surname.
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the application closing date
Application Deadline 25th August, 2021.