Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Housekeeping Manager
Job Number 21015815
Location: Four Points by Sheraton Ikot Ekpene, Raffia City Plaza, Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom
Brand: Four Points
Job Category: Housekeeping & Laundry
Position Type: Management
Located Remotely? N
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- Responsible for the daily shift operations of Housekeeping, Recreation/Health Club, and, if applicable, Laundry. Directs and works with employees to verify property guestrooms, public space, and employee areas are clean and well maintained.
- Completes inspections and holds people accountable for corrective action. Position assists in ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
Core Work Activities:
- Managing Housekeeping Operations and Budgets
- Verifies guest room status is communicated to the Front Desk in a timely and efficient manner.
- Inspects guestrooms on a daily basis.
- Obtains a list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and a list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
- Verifies all employees have proper supplies, equipment, and uniforms.
- Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to verify understanding.
- Supervises daily Housekeeping shift operations and verifies compliance with all housekeeping policies, standards, and procedures.
- Participates in departmental meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
- Inventories stock to verify adequate supplies.
- Supports and supervises an effective inspection program for all guestrooms and public spaces.
- Understands the impact of the department’s operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
Conducting Human Resources Activities:
- Uses all available on-the-job training tools to train new room attendants and provide follow-up training as necessary.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and verifies employees do the same with them.
- Schedules employees to business demands and tracks employee time and attendance.
- Verifies employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Verifies employee recognition is taking place on all shifts.
- Participates in an ongoing employee recognition program.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy, and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
- Verifies property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs), and support the Peer Review Process, where applicable.
- Supervises staffing levels to verify that guest service, operational needs, and financial objectives are met.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service:
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Understands the brand’s service culture.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans to improve guest satisfaction.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED; 2 years experience in housekeeping or related professional area.
- 2-year Degree from an accredited University in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply