Coleman Cables and Wires is committed to manufacturing consistent quality wires and cables that meet and exceed our customers’ expectations. We ensure continual improvement of our processes and services delivery through staff development, motivation and creation of a conducive work environment towards achieving utmost customer satisfaction.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Officer
Location: Arepo, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the HSE Supervisor drive and deliver a culture of proactive H & S behavior across the organization.
- Assist the HSE Supervisor Manage and update existing health and safety programs, policies, and procedures to create a safe and risk-averse setting for all employees.
- Access risks associated with tools and equipment, jobsites, and work environments.
- Conduct pre-operational risk assessments on office site and recommending risk mitigation measures.
- Effectively plan and execute all resource requirements ensuring that the right people, processes and equipment are in place to address all H & S related issues.
- Arranging for the removal of hazardous waste and materials.
- Participating in fire and accident prevention programs.
- Maintaining statistical records of all reported incidents and accidents.
- Identifying potential safety or fire hazards.
- Support in the development, implementation and sustenance of the company’s values and standards.
- Assist the HSE Supervisor Develop emergency preparedness procedures as the First Point of contact in emergency situations.
- Engaging in contractor and Sub-contractor HSE audits
- Investigating all injuries and accidents.
- Rendering first aid to employees and visitors in cases of injury or illness.
- Carrying out safety related audits and inspections.
- Perform any other task as assigned.
Required Educational Qualifications
- First Degree in Public Health or a related course
- Completion of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) program
- HSE Certification e.g. NEBOSH general certificate
- First Aid Certification / Training
- Fire Marshall certification / Training.
- Prior experience in a similar role is ideal.
- 1 – 3 years post graduate experience
- Auditing experience and working with ISO accredited Quality & Environmental Management Systems.
- Ability to coordinate and supervise activities.
- Initiative and problem-solving abilities
- Speed and efficiency
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty.
- Physically fitness.
- Incident investigation, analysis and reporting
- Knowledge of first aid methods and techniques.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Extensive knowledge of good health and safety practices.
- Developing emergency procedures.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 26th January, 2022.