Sevan Construction Nigeria Limited was established in 1981 with Registration No. RC 37125 as a limited liability company specialized in all kinds of Structural Steel fabrication design & erection to the civil construction and Oil & Gas Industries, development and manufacturing of various semi-trailers, rigid truck bodies, which enabled the company to deliver complete projects of steel structures coupled with civil engineering.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Officer
Locations: Ogun & Lagos
- Carry out risk assessments and develop strategy to reduce risks.
- Outline safe operational procedures which identify and take into account all relevant hazards
- Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- Inspects the site to ensure it is a hazard-free environment
- Conducts toolbox meetings
- Conducts job hazard analyses
- Establishes safety standards and policies as needed
- Watches out for the safety of all workers and works to protect them from entering hazardous situations
- Responds to employees’ safety concerns
- Coordinates registration and removal of hazardous waste
- Serves as the link between state and local agencies and contractors
- Receives reports from and responds to orders issued by Department of Labor inspectors
- Participate in the project safety committee and leads all efforts to enhance safety
- Reviews and approves all subcontractor’s safety plans in line with SCNL standard
- Verifies that injury logs and reports are completed and submitted to related government agencies
- Verifies that all tools and equipment are adequate and safe for use
- Promotes safe practices at the job site
- Enforces safety guidelines
- Trains and carries out drills and exercises on how to manage emergency situations
- Conducts investigations of all accidents and near-misses
- Reports to concerned authorities as requested or mandated by regulations
- Arranges for OSHA mandated testing and/or evaluations of the workplace by external agencies/consultants.
- Candidates should possess an HND / B.Sc Degree with at least 2 years relevant work experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 16th November, 2022.