Trithel International Consulting – Our client, a thriving Company in the Oil and Gas Marine Service industry is recruiting suitable qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Advisor
Location: Port Harcourt
Employment Type: Full-time
- We seeks to employ a diligent, result oriented and self-motivated individual as its Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Advisor
- The successful candidate will be responsible for promoting a positive health and safety culture in the organization; ensuring compliance with safety policies and legislation.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Acts as focal point for all matters relating to HSE within the organization
- Participate in regular HSE meetings with the Contractors and related interested parties to address all HSE concerns.
- Assist supervision and management in conducting incident investigations. Incumbent will be a key member of any major incident investigation team
- Encourage overall hazard identification and reporting as well as immediate reporting of all incidents and near miss incidents by all site personnel.
- Maintain positive, consultative relationships with outside stakeholders to ensure expectations are met in the areas of loss control, environmental performance and quality
- Ensure that identified health, safety, environment, and security requirements are implemented by appropriate personnel and contractors in all major project work areas.
- Ensure that HSE processes are being adhered to (audit/assess) in accordance with site standards, and legislated standards for health, safety, and environment.
- Consistently monitor the HSE practices in the work environment, especially for work performed under specific Permit to Work requirements.
- Communicate appropriate HSE related information on an accurate and timely basis to the work force.
- Outline safe operational procedures which identify and take into account all relevant hazards
- Maintain a strong focus on safety performance assurance for delivery worksites, both onshore fabrication and for offshore construction vessels
- Provide HSE input to vessel assurance processes and carry out HSE Assurance or HSE Inspections at Vessel mobilizations / demobilizations, port calls and crew changes as required
- Provide ongoing leadership, coaching, and key point tipping service to all Major Project personnel in safety and loss control techniques, while being visible, approachable and available to all levels, with the objective of improving our efficiency and minimizing our losses.
- In conjunction with the QC & Compliance Manager coordinate thorough investigation of all incidents and coordinate audits.
- Compilation of the daily/monthly HSE Statistics and reporting requirement
Education and Experience
- A good Degree Certificate or its equivalent
- NEBOSH Certification
- Experienced in Accident / Investigation,
- Competent in Root Causes Analysis,
- Experienced in Behavioral based safety training
- Minimum 5-6 years as a HSE personnel
- Strong pragmatic knowledge of Local and International HSE legislations
- Good verbal communication and writing skills
- Strong customer service and collaboration skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient computing skills – PowerPoint, Excel, Microsoft Project and Design
- Good reporting skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Good emotional intelligence skills
- Leadership and Management
- Stakeholder relationship management
- Strategic decision making
- Entrepreneurial orientation
- Ethics and Integrity
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV to: [email protected] using “HSE Advisor” as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 15th July, 2021.