Everty owns and develops prime real estate around the world. Our portfolio of Class-A commercial, residential, hotel and mixed-use properties spans the Americas, Europe, Africa and Asia. We are committed to human-centered developments where companies, people and communities can thrive. And we are building long-term value with our global portfolio by carefully selecting sites and properties in prime locations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Security
Job ID: 244829
About the Role
- We are looking for a new senior team member to help us continue to grow and evolve. We manage a vast portfolio of commercial, residential, and hotel properties around the world. There, we strive to create sustainable spaces capable of providing outstanding experiences to our tenants, visitors, and guests.
- We’re seeking a Head of Security for the Everty Group in Nigeria. This is an exciting chance to lead a dedicated team focused on the physical security of our buildings, assets, and personnel.
- The Security Manager will be responsible for all security components of the property portfolio for Everty Group in Nigeria.
- This includes managing the physical security of the building as well as its assets and personnel. They will manage all security personnel working through the organisation and have oversight over security service providers.
- A successful candidate will develop, implement, and manage all security plans and procedures as well as implement and coordinate security-related support.
- In addition, they will provide risk mitigation strategies as well as crisis management and will strive to continuously improve the safety and well-being of the employees.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Protecting staff, company property, and assets by organising effective and efficient physical security.
- Providing leadership for and nurturing the growth of the security team.
- Working closely with the security service provider to provide effective and cost-efficient services.
- Developing an effective working relationship with external organizations such as the Intelligence Agencies, Law Enforcement Departments, and the Police.
- Responding to security related problems, including making independent judgments and decisions on matters ranging from violations of security procedures to serious emergencies involving law enforcement agencies, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
- Revamping major areas of the security function in collaboration with the Country Manager.
- Leading or supporting investigations.
- Managing intelligence process activities and ensuring periodic security reporting.
- Providing regular security and safety briefs/tips/alert to Management and staff.
- Being responsible for conducting risk analysis for sites, particularly with respect to crime level, terrorism, workplace violence, and threats from natural and manmade disasters by writing review reports, reviewing findings, and making cost-effective recommendations to the management.
- Maintaining knowledge of current security issues and security technology and updating management on risks and threats that could impact company business.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s level degree in a relevant field, certification, and advanced training in security management.
- Hold relevant professional qualifications e.g. NEBOSH International Diploma, Security and Protective services.
- Computer literacy including all Microsoft office programs (Word , Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong networks within security bodies in Nigeria.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken.
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, and the ability to work independently.
- Capacity for analysis, synthesis and reporting large amounts of information.
- Experience working in security management/supervisory role for 5+ years, including managing teams.
- Strong verbal, written, and communication skills including effective training and facilitation skills.
- Approachable, diplomatic, and able to maintain confidentiality.
- Able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment.
What We Offer
- A Career, not a job
- Be part of something great
- Global resources
- Unleash your potential
- Work-wide family.
- Opportunity to realise your full potential
- Continuous personal and professional learning
- Fast-track career
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Everty is an equal opportunity employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items