Julius Berger Nigeria Plc is one of the largest private employers in Nigeria with a workforce numbering around 14,000 and enjoys an excellent reputation as a reliable partner. It is the parent company of Julius Berger International GmbH based in Wiesbaden. Core skills in Nigeria comprise every phase of a project from planning and construction to the operation and maintenance of construction, infrastructure and industry buildings.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Laboratory and Construction Materials Engineering (M / F / X)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job type: Full time
What duties will you have?
- Leading, guiding and advising all Julius Berger Nigeria Plc laboratories
- Materials consulting services for Julius Berger Nigeria Plc and Julius Berger International GmbH facilities e.g. management, sites and technical departments
- Assessment of suitable constituents and development of concrete mix designs for various types of concrete and placing technologies (e.g. mass concrete, pile concrete, pre-stressed and precast concrete, pavement concrete, concrete in marine environment, screed, plaster, etc.)
- Representing the company in conferences with own lectures, organizing external and internal seminars and training for company members and laboratory staff
- Further development of the company by own created R&D topics and reports
- Support of volunteers, students, and company related Diploma theses
- Collaboration in technical working groups in concrete and asphalt associations
- Selection of suitable materials and development of asphalt mix designs using the Marshall Method and additional performance parameters for various kinds of asphalts.
- Evaluation of soil material for earthworks, road works and structural buildings
What skills must you have?
- Degree in Civil Engineering (Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree, Diploma, or equivalent qualification from a polytechnic or technical university) or as Construction Materials Engineer
- Minimum 15 years of experience in leading a construction materials laboratory with international scope
- Qualification in concrete, asphalt, soil testing and construction materials engineering consulting services
- Familiar with concrete mixing plants, asphalt mixing plants and quarry operation.
- Experience with materials used for deep foundations construction as bentonite support, slurry wall material, grouting material, and its testing
- Knowledge of road work construction principles and the designing of pavement structures
- Experienced in the use of German, British and American Codes, Recommendations and Standards (DIN, FGSV, BS, EN, ASTM, ACI, AASHTO, etc.)
- Strong technical network as background
- Well-versed English skills (written and oral)
- Marked social skills for leading and guiding the JBN laboratories with multinational employees
- Assertiveness to strengthen the laboratories
- Teamwork, flexibility
- Experienced in the assessment of asphalt and concrete damages and its repair and rehabilitation.
- Knowledge of steel grades used for reinforcement steel and structural steel works and its corrosion protection (e.g. coating, cathodic protection)
- Skills in negotiation with material suppliers and assessment of the possible use of their products in the company, knowing the European market of these products
What can we offer you?
- We have a responsible job waiting for you with very good remuneration and various bonuses, social benefits, and low tax burden as well as good training opportunities.
- You will receive an extensive travel package from us. This also includes G35 examinations, inoculations, visas, and flights.
- We will provide you with furnished, air-conditioned accommodation in the company’s own camp, which has an infrastructure including sport and leisure facilities, a clubhouse, German and international television programmes, etc.
- We work with external partners to ensure that you have the best possible security in Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply