Mono helps businesses in Africa access financial accounts for financial data and payments. Businesses of all sizes in Africa use our platform to retrieve account details, transactions and move money, reliably and securely, including Carbon, Renmoney, Inflow Finance, Tangerine Insurance, and many others.
In almost a year, we’ve introduced a steady cadence of innovations, such as statement pages, a no-code tool to retrieve bank statements, and much more. We’ve connected to 10% of all active bank accounts in Nigeria, and our investors include YCombinator, Entree Capital, and others.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Head of Finance
Employment Type: Full Time
- As the head of finance, you will supervise all financial tasks at Mono and ensure we use capital and resources beneficially.
- You will also be creating forecasting models, assessing risk in investments, and ensuring all accounting activities comply with regulations.
- To be successful in this role, you should have experience crafting financial strategies. Ultimately, you will maintain our company’s financial health and increase profitability in the long run.
- Forecast monthly, quarterly, and annual results
- Building financial models for fundraising
- Approve or reject budgets
- Evaluate and decide on investments
- Supervise a team of Accountants
- Allocate resources and manage cash flows
- Conduct profit and cost analyses
- Risk control: D&O, insurance
- Develop secure procedures to maintain confidential information
- Ensure all accounting activities and internal audits comply with financial regulations
- Partner with the CEO on investor relations – help prepare board decks, help with fundraising (process, due diligence, etc), update the VCs
- Consult board members about funding options
- Recommend cost-reducing solutions.
Why you’re here
- Keep the house in order: financials and key metrics (churn etc) are accurate and available promptly
- Avoid disasters: As the head of Finance, you will help the CEO have an accurate picture of the cash situation and burn at all times and helps build realistic projections (and forecast as necessary)
- Run a tight ship: stuff and people get paid on time, KPIs are tracked
- Avoid accumulating “organizational debt”: any unaddressed deficiency around accounting, finance, processes, operations, etc accumulates and compounds over time, and becomes very painful to untangle down the road
- Partner with the CEO on strategy: while covering the tactical aspects of finance and operation makes a world of difference as it is, you will engage with the CEO also at a strategic level, as you would have a company-wide perspective
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills
- Leadership abilities
- Tech abilities – You must have a strong understanding of technology, as technology influences almost every single decision in a modern business. Pursuing process automation, for example, can save time and money. And using digital services can broaden a business’s reach and deepen connections with consumers. The CFO should understand how technology impacts their business, both in terms of the opportunities it can create and the challenges it can present.
- B.Sc / BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- MSc/MBA or relevant certification (e.g. CFA/CPA) is a plus.
- Proven work experience as a Head of Finance, Director of Finance or similar role
- In-depth understanding of cash flow management, bank reconciliation and bookkeeping
- Hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models
- Proficiency in accounting software
- Stock options
- Flexible working hours
- Remote friendly
- Access to mental health service
- Health Insurance
- Training Budget
- Team building events
- Bank holidays swap inside the same month
- Fitness/ wellness stipends
- Yearly offsite
- Fresh fruit every week, all-you-can-drink tea and coffee
- Free lunch
- Friday happy hours.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Instructions – Read carefully!
- Please make sure you proofread everything as we are a company that really cares about attention to detail!
- Once you’re done applying, please complete this Assessment Test. Take your time to get ready; it takes 15 minutes to complete but it’s a little challenging and fast-paced.