Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Compliance, AML Operations
Job Type: Full Time
- As Head of Compliance, AML Operations, you will play a key role in ensuring that Jumia is in full compliance with all applicable laws and regulations as well as communicating and facilitating a culture of ethical behavior and integrity to all employees, businesses partners, and other stakeholders.
- The Head of Compliance – AML Operations role is to support the operations of the compliance function of the Company with particular emphasis on:
- Management and oversight of the company’s sanctions compliance, anti-money laundering, and “know your customer” processes.
- Program design and implementation, including employee training.
- Compliance IT systems management.
- In conjunction with the General Counsel and outside legal counsel where appropriate, manage the Company’s compliance policies and procedures and propose/develop new policies to address emerging issues or developments in applicable laws/regulations.
- Monitor adherence to the requirement that all employees read and certify their understanding, commitment, and agreement to follow the Company’s policies and procedures, including the collection and maintenance of the records of such certifications.
- Propose annual modifications to these policies based upon the Company’s experience, as well as developments in the industry and law.
- Design and implement procedures designed to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Manage the Company’s compliance training content, training calendar, and delivery methods including live training, web-based training, and any other forms of training.
- In consultation with the General Counsel, publish guidelines, newsletters, or other means of communicating important compliance information to employees.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of all compliance matters including inquiries, responses, meetings, training programs, internal reviews, communications with counsel, and communications with governmental authorities.
- Provide written and oral reports to executive and business unit management. Report all violations of the policy too, and consult as to possible remedial action with, the General Counsel in the first instance.
- In consultation with the General Counsel and outside legal counsel where appropriate, management will be advised of the full range of potential actions to be taken on account of any violations of the policies, including recommendations of actions to be taken against employees who violate the policies.
Qualification & Requirements
- Master’s degree; at least 10 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Certification/Licensure Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or Juris Doctor (JD).
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that is above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Knowledge of concepts, practices, principles, and procedures of strategic business planning and reporting.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Strong analytical, evaluative, and objective critical thinking skills.
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations, and public sector employment policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated understanding of compliance systems and controls.
- Detailed knowledge of laws and regulations affecting business operations.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal accounting and auditing compliance laws.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Knowledge of current and emerging equal opportunity and affirmative action legislation, issues, and trends
- Knowledge of public policies, legislation, guidelines, and standards pertaining to discrimination and sexual harassment in the workplace.
- Demonstrated ability to develop institutional policies and procedures.
- Supervisory, employee development, and leadership skills.
- Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to analyze, summarize and effectively present data.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply