Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants and Compliance Manager – IHP Nigeria
Ref No: Req11813
Location: Kebbi, Nigeria
Reports to: State Finance and Administrative Director
Duration: 5 years
Project Overview and Role
- The Palladium Group has an opening for a Grants and Compliance Manager within the Financial Management department.
- The Grants/Compliance Manaager will manage grants portfolios, in accordance with Palladium’s and USAID policies and procedures.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Escalate grants risks and issues to the Senior Grants and Compliance Manager or Director of Finance and Administration, Technical Leads and other IHP staff as required.
- Report on overall progress against grants agreed targets, milestones, outputs, burn-rate and activities.
- Contribute to responses to client’s requests in conjunction with the Senior Grants and Compliance Manager.
- Ensure compliance to set rules and regulations in the organization (i.e. ensuring that all staff take the annual USAID FP compliance requirement course(s), Palladium mandatory courses, COVID-19 compliance maintenance within the office and in all official functions like workshops and meetings);
- Ensure strict adherence to timelines and deadlines of all steps in the grants process as outlined above.
- Process consultancies and sub-contracts, ensuring audit-readiness documentation of the process.
- Prepares and processes grant applications, and oversees grant management and implementation for all public-sector opportunities.
- Ensures all sub-awards comply with the rules and regulations of governments and other multilateral donors.
- Strengthens and maintains the necessary administrative structures and interdepartmental processes to ensure grant transparency, smooth implementation, reporting, requisite controls, and monitoring.
- Guide and advise grantees on the interpretation of grant terms and conditions and client rules and regulations as well and training, guiding and mentoring grantee counterparts as needed in coordination with the Technical Leads and Senior Grants and Compliance Manager.
- Provides guidance to technical staff in the development of SOWs, EOIs and RFAs for grants, including the development of program technical description, milestones, deliverables and selection criteria to ensure USAID approval.
- Coordinates with the ACO Senior Grants and Compliance Manager prior to submission to the Chief of Party and or USAID to ensure quality and compliance
- Take initiative and provide creative solutions to complex contractual/compliance problems, working with applicable IHP team members on project-wide initiatives and issues.
- Provide contractual and regulatory guidance, ensuring contract compliance in accordance with terms and conditions of supported Task Orders, and as a result draft client approval request as necessary;
- Lead the grants/subawards procurement of goods and services under the Task Order including, but not limited to:
- Draft EOIs, RFAs, etc.
- Manage the selection process during proposal evaluations including evaluation memos and selection justifications.
- Complete pre-award assessments and due diligence.
- Facilitate negotiations with awardees in consultation with the Senior Grants and Compliance Manager and Technical Leads.
- Draft, review, and finalize the resulting grant/subaward document in addition to modifications as required.
- Prepare, organize, and maintain grant records and files documenting grant award, modification, performance and compliance.
- Provide grant briefs to document new grant awards, modifications and administrative changes.
- Participate in the implementation and monitoring of grants milestones, tracking grants deliverables and monitoring grants delivery against grants budget.
- Review and process requests for payment of invoices for milestone(s) achieved and verified.
- Maintain the grant portfolio database and project grant data on relevant grant database system and Project SharePoint site for all grants mechanisms, always ensuring up to date records for spot checks and audits;
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or any other relevant field. Bachelor’s degree with at least 6 years of experience in grant, business, finance, accounting, or any other relevant field can be substituted for an advanced degree.
- Minimum of five years of experience managing grants for donor organizations. Experience with USAID grants management system highly preferred.
- Able to communicate effectively and excellent interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships at all levels;
- High level of computer literacy;
- Ability to deal appropriately with sensitive issues and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills, including the ability to manage large budgets and client expectations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Candidates with experience in Kebbi and/or with the local government are strongly encouraged to apply.