Young Men’s Christian Association (YMCA) Bauchi, is a Youth focus, non-governmental, non-profit development organization established in 1976, with the mission to facilitate relevant community-based programs and activities that develops the spirit, Mind and body of young people and the less privileged on the bases of equality and justice in accordance to the Christian mandate.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Secretary
Employment Type: Full-time
Description of the Position
- Keeping of minutes of the Executive Committee, Board of Management, Annual General Meeting and any other sub-committee as may be appointed from time to time.
- The day –to- day management of all the affairs of YMCA Bauchi.
- To emphasize the Christian identity of the YMCA.
- To ensure that all correspondence, documentations and all written materials issuing from YMCA Bauchi Secretariat at all times, reflect the image of the YMCA Bauchi.
- To promote YMCA Bauchi co-operation, extension of the YMCA and development of new projects and programs.
- To organize the work and staff of YMCA Bauchi in accordance with her programs and other priorities determined by the Executive Committee and the Annual General Meeting.
- To promote fundraising activities and ensure financial stability of YMCA Bauchi.
- To serve as Secretary to Executive Committee, Personnel Committee, Board of Management and Annual General Meeting.
- To express the role and mission of the YMCA, and in particular Bauchi YMCA.
- To maintain adequate links with other Civil Society Organizations and government agencies and to ensure that all government requirements are met promptly as and when due.
- To provide leadership to the Secretariat.
- To ensure that decisions of Executive Committee and Annual General Meetings are implemented.
- Any other duties as the Executive Committee may as from time-to-time delegate.
Qualification and Skills
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree with 10-15 years work experience.
- Shall be a person who is a Christian in purpose and practice; a person of integrity, devoted to the task of working with people for their personal, social and spiritual growth.
- Shall be qualified through education (Minimum of first degree or its equivalence) and experience to take responsibility for some phase of administration, business management or programs and to aid in the formulation and implementation of YMCA policies.
- Shall be a person having a dynamic, enthusiastic and friendly personality.
- Shall be a person who can relate with members, volunteers, staff, senior government officials and businessmen.
- Should be matured, confident and possess qualities that grow from a broad general education and a successful experience in working with people.
- Should be able to represent the YMCA in correspondence with stakeholders, and to interpret its purpose and programs. He / She should be qualified to render services as needed to YMCA members and community.
- Above all, should see the YMCA as an opportunity for meaningful Christian and community service.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and Cover Letter addressed to “The Personnel Committee, YMCA, Bauchi” via: [email protected] and using the Position Title as the subject of the e-mail
Application Deadline 8th June, 2021.