Design Union is a real estate development group with divisions in Building design, construction, real estate development and hospitality.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Counsel and Corporate Services Manager
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Provide prompt and relevant advice to management on legal and regulatory compliance matters including advice on new developments in the legal environment which may affect the company’s interests, operations and conduct.
- Manage an organized filing system for the proper filing and easy retrieval of all legal documents – title documents, agreements, certificates, letters etc.
- Manage relationships with the company’s external solicitors and provide oversight for all outsourced legal and secretarial services, oversee and advance the company’s position in negotiated settlements with external parties and follow up on-going litigations.
- Provide legal support and promote corporate ethics and compliance and train all employees in this regard to promote a culture of higher performance across the organization.
- Provide oversight on ensuring prompt settlement of rents, rates and land charges as well as government revenue demands such as property tenement rates, ground rents, business premises permits etc.
- Safeguard the Company’s records by ensuring centralised filing and effective archive management.
- Handle immigration and expatriate issues with regulatory agencies
- Ensure compliance with statutory and legal requirements including maintenance / update of all statutory books and registers and prompt filing of statutory returns as well as providing support to the Company Secretary for Board and Committee meetings.
- Ensure legal contracts are in place for all business relationships and negotiate, draft and review all legal contracts / complex commercial agreements, evaluating business risks and make recommendations on how to prevent / mitigate such risks and manage the Legal Contracts database for the company.
- Ensure all invoices to Clients / Customers for real estate transactions (Sale of Apartments, rental of apartments, Space rental, leases, Service Charge, etc) are prepared and submitted to clients promptly and that all Receivables are legally enforceable for all transactions.
- Enforce collection of debts that are overdue from clients/customers.
Requisite Qualifications / Experience
- LLB Degree (1st Class or 2nd Class) in Law plus LLM Degree in Law
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in similar position.
- Member, Nigerian Bar Association
- Accreditation by the Corporate Affairs Commission
Required Skills / Attributes:
- Good interpersonal and people management skills.
- Excellent Negotiating skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good team player.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should please send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 17th August, 2021.