The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Gate Keeper
Job Identification: 2597
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Category: Security
Job Schedule: Full time
Reports to: CMC Team Lead
Duration and type of contract: Until 31st December 2021.
Role and Responsibilities
- Ensures the security and safety of NRC Offices, assets and staff members.
- Prevents unauthorised access, perimeter incursions and surveillance activities against NRC.
- Checks visitors/beneficiaries entering the premises.
- In event of a fire, he/she is to act as per NRC’s SOPs.
- Records all visitors in the logbook – those entering and departing NRC premises.
- Ensure visitors/beneficiaries do not wander around NRC premises.
- Checks and records all NRC assets leaving the premises.
- Briefs replacement about their routine and significant incidents.
- Maintains and operates generators.
- Assists employees/residents/guests when handling their luggage and office equipment.
- Monitors and authorises entrance and departure of employees.
- Controls access/egress of NRC vehicles.
- Patrols and maintains security of the office premises and grounds on a frequent but irregular basis.
- Undertakes a physical check of all exterior doors and windows at night to ensure they are secure.
- Take immediate action in the event of an attack or intrusion: calls security services for immediate assistance.
- Fulfilling any other related tasks that may be assigned by the supervisor.
- By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- All departments/ NRC Staff/Visitors/Beneficiaries
Scale and scope of the position:
- Staff: N / A
- Stakeholders: Security Services
- Budgets: N / A
- Information: Visitors sheet/Incident Reports/Asset Control
- Legal or compliance: N/A
- Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results.
- These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance:
Generic professional competencies:
- At least basic education, graduates from 12 grade are preferred.
- Communication (oral and written) in Hausa and in English is beneficial.
- At least 1-2 years working experience in a relevant field, preferably experience of work with an NGO.
- Must be honest, well-mannered and neat in appearance.
- To be a Nigerian citizen.
Behavioural competencies (max 6):
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, the following are essential for this position:
- Handling insecure environments
- Initiating action and change
- Empowering and building trust
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The Work and Development Plan
- The Mid-term/End-of-trial Period Performance Review Template
- The End-term Performance Review Template
- The NRC Competency Framework
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 27th July, 2021 at 6:35 PM