Radix Pension Managers is a licensed Pension Fund Administrator (“PFA”) by the National Pension Commission (“PenCom”). On February 15, 2017, Radix Capital Partners Limited, a Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) licensed investment banking firm acquired majority share interest in IGI Pension Managers Limited, a company previously owned by IGI Plc. Further to this acquisition, a new Board of Directors and executive management team was constituted to lead the company.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fund Accountant
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Supervisor/Manager: Head, Finance
Working Relationships: Operations & Investment Departments
- Responsible for all aspects of day-to-day accounting for a group of assigned funds including, calculating/ reporting the daily NAV (Net Asset Value) per unit, and compiling standard weekly and/or monthly financial statements, and income and expense accruals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage all financial and accounting operations related to the pension funds
- Prepare periodic budgets and financial forecasts and report variances on the pension funds
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements for all pension funds
- Preparation of weekly and monthly bank reconciliation
- Carrying out daily unitization of funds
- Rendition of Daily and Monthly RMAS to PENCOM
- Additional controller duties as assigned by the Head of Finance Department.
- Preparation of Management accounts of Pension funds ensuring that relevant accounting standards have been met
- Preparation of monthly returns to pension commission
- Preparation of monthly general ledger reconciliation
- A minimum of First Degree or its equivalent in Numerate or Semi-numerate disciplines such as Actuarial Sciences, Statistics, Mathematics, Accounting, Economics, Banking, Finance, Insurance or other related courses
- An acceptable professional qualification from any relevant professional organization such as ACCA, ACCA, CFA, will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years cognate experience in the pension industry
- A strong technical accounting background, with financial reporting experience in IFRS
- Strong knowledge about the multi-fund structure and account management in each fund
- Financial Management
- Provision of strong financial control and stewardship over finance operations.
- Strong financial modelling and excel skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to put complex financial issues into layman’s terms for non-specialist audiences, including senior managers
- Capacity to form and maintain good working relationships with a wide network of internal and external stakeholders.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of mail.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 2nd December, 2022.