The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program was established by the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs to enable French higher education institutions to attract top foreign students to enroll in their masters and PhD programs.
It gives opportunity to the future foreign decision-makers of the private and public sectors, in priority areas of study, and encourages applicants up to 25 years old from developing countries at master’s level, and applicants up to 30 years old from developing and industrialized countries at PhD level.
The Eiffel scholarship program objectives
The Eiffel scholarship program is a tool developed by the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs to assist French institutions of higher education in attracting the best foreign students to Master’s and Doctoral/Phd degree programs.
It trains future foreign decision-makers from the private and public sectors in priority areas of study and encourages applications from students in emerging countries at the Master’s level and in emerging and industrialized countries at the PhD level.
Areas of Study
The two main disciplinary fields for the Eiffel scholarships cover the following seven areas of study for the Master’s and Doctorate elements:
For Science and Technology
- Biology and Health
- Ecological Transition
- Mathematics and Digital
- Engineering Sciences
For Humanities and Social Sciences
- History, French language and civilization
- Law and political science
- Economics and management
Levels of Study
French higher education institutions who submit candidates to the Eiffel program agree to enroll them:
- in courses leading to a master’s degree
- in an engineering program
- in a joint doctoral program (joint supervision of dissertation and/or dual degree), in partnership with a partner institution abroad.
- a maximum of 12 months when enrolling in an M2
- a maximum of 24 months when enrolling in an M1
- a maximum of 36 months for the completion of an engineering degree
The Eiffel scholarship is awarded for a period of 12 months in France.
Eiffel scholarship holders receive a monthly allowance of €1,181, to which is added several services: International transportation, national transportation, insurance, housing searches, cultural activities, etc.
Eiffel scholarship holders a monthly stipend of €1,700 to which is added several services:: international transportation, national transportation, insurance, housing searches, cultural activities, etc.
For both elements of the program, tuition fees are not covered by the Eiffel program.
- Opening of the call for applications: week of October 3, 2022
- Deadline for the reception of applications by Campus France: January 10, 2023.
- Publication of results: week of 3 April, 2023
How to Apply for the Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Programme 2023
- Contact Campus France in your country of origin or the French Embassy’s Cooperation and Cultural Action Department, who can guide you and advise you on your study plans.
- To learn about the procedures and deadlines for submitting an application, contact the international relations department of a French institution via its website, by e-mail or by telephone.
- It’s up to you to choose the school or university that best fits your plans for studying in France.
All French higher education institutions can submit applications.
- The institution accepts and supports your application for the Eiffel scholarship
- The institution submits your application online via the dedicated Campus France website
Applications sent directly by students or by foreign institutions will be declared ineligible.
For More Information:
Application Deadline: January 10, 2023.
Abia State, Abuja, Adamawa State, Akwa Ibom State, Anambra State, Bauchi State, Bayelsa State, Benue State, Borno State, Cross River State, Delta State, Ebonyi State, Edo State, Ekiti State, Enugu State, Gombe State, Imo State, Jigawa State, Kaduna State, Kano State, Katsina State, Kebbi State, Kogi State, Kwara State, Lagos State, Nasarawa State, Niger State, Ogun State, Ondo State, Osun State, Oyo State, Plateau State, Rivers State, Sokoto State, Taraba State, Yobe State, Zamfara State