White Soul Investment Limited – Our client, a highly reputable Haulage company is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fleet Officer
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Employment Type: Full-time
- A highly reputable haulage company looking to engage the services of a Fleet Officer.
- The ideal Candidate will be responsible for helping management select the right vehicles and maintaining them in good operating condition to enable the company meet its distribution objectives efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Oversee assigned fleet’s operations
- Route surveys and planning
- Monitor and report daily trucks turn-around time
- Direct activities related to dispatching, routing, and tracking vehicles
- Direct investigations to verify and resolve all complaints relating to fleet management or drivers conduct
- Obtain and maintain annual inspections certification by regulatory authorities or in line with contractual obligations from clients
- Conduct, in conjunction with the tracking unit, proper tracking of drivers in transit to ensure prompt and target time of delivery
- Take prompt inventory of truck at the site of an accident or incident and document properly
- Ensure prompt handling and coordination of rescue operations of company’s vehicles, personnel and goods, whenever the need arises
- Recommend cost cutting strategies in order to maximize profits.
- Ensure compliance with Federal transport laws and regulations.
- Obtain and maintain all truck licensing, registrations and permits
- Oversee proper use of fuel/diesel rations; maintain log and account for fuel/diesel and oil storage tanks
- Develop strategies for greater fuel efficiency.
- Coordinate daily pre-trip and post-trip truck inspections
- Utilize GPS systems in conjunction with tracking unit to monitor drivers and track vehicles at all locations daily and in case of theft.
- Any other activities as required.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized tertiary institution
- M.Sc. in Transport or Logistics is an added advantage
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in supply chain management, including, haulage, logistics, and fleet management and customer service operations
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Complete and up-to-date knowledge of Federal and State transportation regulations.
- Ability to accurately calculate load arrival times and other performance parameters.
- Must have a working knowledge of computers and Intermediate to advanced level Microsoft Excel with a manifest readiness to learn company specific fleet management software quickly
- Listening skills: Willing to listen to drivers, office personnel, management, state and federal regulators and their concerns.
- Handle emergencies: Ability to stay calm and take decisions quickly
- Differentiate driver issues, decipher problems versus complaints and proffer relevant solutions
- Effective communication which is the ability to speak professionally and remain calm under immense pressure.
- Ability to develop and maintain an accurate record-keeping system
- Prioritization: Understanding of what is the single most important task at any given moment.
- Ability to think on one’s feet and make decisions quickly
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the role applied for as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 15th July, 2021.