Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Management Consultant
Position Reports to: Director, Finance and OperationsContract
Duration: Three (3) Months
Summary / Scope of Work
- The Financial Management Consultant will primarily work with the Director of Finance and Operations to implement the agency’s document retention strategy.
- He/she will review the existing physical and e-filing system and make recommendations on areas of improvement.
- He/she will be flexible to perform any other finance related operations assigned.
- Perform desk review all vouchers to ensure completeness and escalate deficiency to supervisor
- Coordinate and monitor the external firm to be engaged to perform e-filing process
- Make recommendation on how the agency’s document retention processes can be strengthened and improved
- File/Archive all approved vouchers and supporting documentation
- Ensure that document retention/archiving are in line with our corporate strategy
- Assume other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Degree in Accounting (B.Sc. or HND) is mandatory
- MBA is highly desired
- CPA, or equivalent an added advantage
- Minimum of three to five (3-5) years relevant experience in well-structured international NGO
- Knowledge of USAID regulations is highly desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Sound knowledge of donor regulation on document retention
- Experience on managing e-filing system
- Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality
- Capability to develop and implement effective strategies and tactics for accomplishing assigned duties
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Be self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of internal controls
- Financial management skills
- Advanced computer skills
- Be cooperative, hardworking, flexible & dependable
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] using “Financial Management Consultant” as the subject of the mail.
- CV and Cover Letter as one single word document
- The title / subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Qualified female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Application Deadline 23rd August, 2021.