FBNQuest is the unified brand identity for the Merchant Banking and Asset Management businesses of FBN Holdings Plc and part of the strong heritage of one of the leading financial service groups in sub-Saharan Africa. Over the past ten years, we have grown from an investment banking boutique to a full-service investment bank and asset management group.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Control Officer
Department: Financial Control
- To ensure the preparation and dissemination of prompt, accurate and complete financial statements and reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of the General Ledger
- Provision of timely, accurate and relevant financial information to multiple internal and external stake holders; based on actual, historical, budgetary, forecasted analysis, at line of business, legal entity and consolidated levels
- Ensure the maintenance of strong internal and financial controls
- Preparation and maintenance of accurate schedules/proofs of General Ledger
- Involve in all audits – internal, regulatory and statutory.
- Balance sheet/profit or loss GLs substantiation.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree (Second Class Upper) and professional accounting qualifications (ACA/ACCA).
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in the Financial Control function of a leading bank
Key Competency Requirements:
- Strong understanding and application of IFRSs and the regulatory environment
- Results oriented
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and result orientation.
- Ability to balance various deliverables and meet tight timelines.
- Strong problem solving and financial analytical skills
- Strong communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email