Society for Family Health (SFH) is a leading non-governmental public health organisation in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS treatment, malaria prevention, and treatment, primary health care system strengthening, non-communicable diseases and maternal, newborn, and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the British Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers, the Global Fund and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors. SFH offers professional opportunities for career growth and advancement, an excellent working environment, and competitive remuneration. We seek to recruit self-motivated and highly qualified persons to fill the under-listed vacant positions, in response to organisational expansion into new geographies.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Reference ID: sfh-60923
Locations: Abuja and Gombe
Employment Type: Full Time
- This position will support the Regional Finance Manager for their location in their Finance, Operations and Administration duties.
- The candidate will support the Project Regional management in the management of the states under their purview and have a dotted reporting line to the Project’s Finance and Admin Director.
- The position is important to the Project’s activities as it will serve as the support to the Finance and Admin hub of the project management.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Support the IntegratE Project Head Office (the supervising unit for the Region) in the daily Capture and documentation all financial transactions in respect of IntegratE Project in the States.
- Support the IntegratE Project Head Office Finance Team to prepare and certify the conduct of monthly bank reconciliation process of IntegratE Project.
- Support the IntegratE Project Head Office Finance Team to direct, coordinate and Supervise Motor Vehicle Officers and IntegratE Vehicle at State Offices to ensure they are maintained, serviced and used in line with the SFH Fleet policy and render all Administrative Management and Procurement functions/duties on the IntegratE Project and ensuring smooth daily running of the Project.
- Participate, coordinate, review and monitor the various Procurement processes and activities within SFH State Offices by serving as the secretary to the Procurement Committee, to ensure they are in line with the Procurement Policy of SFH.
- Support the IntegratE Project Head Office Finance Team in the quarterly preparation and submission for approvals, the States’ Quarterly Activity Budgets for IntegratE 2.0 Project.
- Support the IntegratE Project Head Office Finance Team in capturing and documenting ALL Common/Shared Costs and ensure the sharing of same according to the monthly advised common cost allocation rate on a monthly basis.
Qualifications / Experience
- Must possess a First Degree in Accounting or its equivalent in a relevant field.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience with progressively increasing responsibility in NGO finance & administration, logistics and protocol experience.
Skills and Competencies required:
- Proficient in the use of SAP ERP
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Compensation & Benefits
- The compensation package for this position is designed to attract, motivate, and retain talented individuals.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- All applications will be treated in confidence.
- Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply. We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH.
- However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- SFH is an equal opportunity employer, therefore women are encouraged to apply.
- Qualified candidates who are residents in the states where the roles are situated are strongly encouraged to apply
Application Deadline 31st August, 2021.