Nutrition International (NI) formerly Micronutrient Initiative, is a Canadian based International Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) dedicated to improving the health and nutrition of mothers, children and adolescents. At Nutrition International, we make a difference, because nutrition is the difference.
Woven into the very fabric of our approach is the passion and drive of our global team of over 400 people, working in 13 offices across 11 countries with one common goal: transforming the lives of people who need it most through improved nutrition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Department: CS Finance
Reports to: Deputy Country Director
Know our Team
- Nutrition International’s Corporate Service (CS) Unit is a dedicated team of Finance and Administrative experts with extensive global experience. The unit leads on providing global Accounting, Finance, Budget, and Compliance, Contracting and Procurement, Facilities management and Information Management and Information Technology (IM/IT).
- Corporate Services team are found in Nutrition International’s Head Quarters in Ottawa, Canada, as well as within our Regional and Country Offices throughout Africa and Asia.
- Currently Nutrition International is seeking applications for Finance Officer to be based in Abuja Nigeria.
About the Role
In this role you will be:
- Support the Finance & Administration Manager in Nigeria Country Office in financial management and compliance, accounting, and audit to ensure efficient utilization of resources and timely reporting.
- This position works closely with Country Office Program and Finance and Regional Office Corporate Services Team.
- You will have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, a CPA Qualification.
- At least 5 years accounting experience and a minimum of 3 years in a donor funded organizations/projects.
- Solid knowledge of generally acceptable accounting practices, financial systems, budget and cash flow monitoring and accounting controls, in an international context.
What we Offer
- A competitive market pay, health and dental benefits and pension plan, flexible work hours, work from home, four weeks of vacation (plus public holidays) and support for learning and development opportunities.
- We offer a collaborative and engaging work environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 22nd December, 2022.
- Selected candidates must have current legal entitlement to work in Nigeria. We thank you for your interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Nutrition International is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible work environment. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
- Please note that all our offers are conditional subject to appropriate screening checks and satisfactory reference checks