Concerned Youths for Development Initiative (CYDI) was established in 2014 for the purpose of organizing the inadequately served populations (ISPs) to make informed decisions on their sexuality, reproductive health, and access and enjoy fundamental human rights. CYDI was registered with Benue State Ministry of Women Affairs on the 11th December, 2015 while the Cooperate Affairs Commission’s registration took place on the 7th April, 2016 with registration number CAC/IT/NO 86245. CYDI is also registered with CiSHAN Plateau State.
CYDI is a competent key population-led community-based organization working for the “Inadequately Served Populations” (ISPs), especially People Who Inject Drugs (PWIDs), to provide health care and human rights services. CYDI is a non-for-profit-making, non – religious and non – political organization which envisions “a Nigeria where all youths access and enjoy fundamental human rights”. This, we do, by working with youths in the achievement of integrated development through inclusive participatory platforms and innovative community partnerships.”
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: Jos, Plateau
Employment Type: Full-time
- The post holder will be a member of the CYDI’s Management Team (CMT) and will provide management with relevant financial information to assist in the smooth running of the organization.
- He/she will ensure the financial and legal integrity of the organization on donor-funded projects in particular and within the framework of the policies and procedures established and the requirements of the local laws.
- This post involves a full range of financial control and management activities.
Education / Qualifications:
- First Degree in Accounting / Finance is essential.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field is an added advantage.
- Nationally recognized Professional Accounting Qualification is an added advantage.
- At least 10 years post-NYSC experience.
- At least 6 years post professional qualification experience with 3 years in a senior position is essential
- Experience in implementing financial control systems in KP programing is an added advantage.
- Audit firm experience is desirable
- Experience working with different cultures and nationalities is desirable.
- Understanding of the local language (s) is an asset.
- Experience in using SUN Accounting Systems & Spreadsheets is essential
- Experience in working with international development agencies in a similar position is desirable
Skills / Abilities:
- Excellent management & leadership skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to multitask and negotiation skills
- Ability to interface effectively with other members of staff and solve problems using own initiative.
- Excellent skills in facilitation and capacity building for inter-linkages between staff, partners & stakeholders
- Ability to work without supervision
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letters and CV in MS Word format to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the mail. E.g: Finance Officer – Jos.
Application Deadline 30th July, 2022.
- Only electronically submitted CVs will be regarded.
- CYDI offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from male and females, and candidates from any part of the country are encouraged to apply.
- However, applications will be reviewed on rolling basis as received. While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.
- CYDI is committed to preventing any form of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in line with our Human Resource policies