Agaji Global Unity Foundation (AGUF) is an impartial, neutral, and independent Non-Governmental Organization whose mission exclusively established to promote life in underserved communities through empowering communities to know and protect lives including their environment towards ensuring safe habitation through participatory methodology. AGUF was established in 2008 but was incorporated in the year 2013 with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). AGUF exists to partner with government and relevant agencies to promote and strengthen humanitarian law and a universal principle that seeks to honor the dignity of mankind with support and believe that Life is worth living and living well.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Duration: 12 Months
- The Finance and Administration Officer will be responsible for leading, managing, tracking, and reporting on financial management and tracking of activities implemented under AGUF’s Financing Program.
- Financial Management: Prepare and process all accounting transactions such as disbursement, cash receipts, journal entries and advances which are in accordance with LESGO’s finance and accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure efficient payments and disbursements according to approved policy and procedures
- Provide administrative, logistical, and procurement support to the team, including payment to events participants, transportation and accommodation arrangements, and ongoing operations
- Follow up on issues raised by the Finance and Grants Teams to ensure compliance and resolution
- Other duties related to logistics and procurement, as assigned by the Project Manager
- Administrative Management: Prepare and process all administrative documents including correspondences, coordinate office staff activities in accordance with LESGO’s Administrative policies and procedures
- Ensure timely submission of monthly requests, reconciliations, and financial statement reports
- Maintain accurate bank records of cash withdrawals and deposits.
- Assist activities managers with compiling, managing, monitoring, and tracking budget (e.g., organizing invoices, checks, & other financials) and preparing financial/funding reports, when deemed necessary.
- Work with the program team to ensure budget compliance.
- Work with the program team to forecast financial transaction needs and support in identification and recruitment of vendors based on project rules and regulations.
- Lead interactions with external vendors.
- Participate in virtual/in-person periodic check-ins with the management team, finance and grants team and other partners, as required.
- Provide technical support on the recruitment and management of staff, including developing Terms of Reference (ToRs), staffing plan, participate in recruitment processes and performance evaluations where applicable.
- Administration and activity management
- Ensure proper function of logistical operations including travel & events organization
- Ensure proper function of archive and documentation system
- Ensure maintenance of up-to-date register of assets
Qualifications and Requirements
- BA Degree in Accounting, Finance, and Business Administration or equivalent, and 2 – 5 years relevant experience or MS / MA Degree in Accounting, Finance, and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 2 – 5 years relevant experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- We provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment, and we are looking to fill these roles as soon as possible. Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
Application Deadline 10th November, 2022.