Asset & Resource Management Holding Company – Established in 1994 as an asset management firm, ARM offers wealth creation opportunities through a unique blend of traditional asset management and alternative investment services. We enable businesses to thrive, and help our clients to maximize their returns and realise their most important goals.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Director
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
- Finance Director is a senior executive responsible for managing all aspects of financial management, reporting, administration, and capital management of the company, as well as monitoring financial management of each of the portfolio companies.
- The Finance Director is in charge of tracking cash flow, analyzing strengths/weaknesses in the company’s finances and overseeing all aspects of its financial operations.
- The Finance Director is to perform effective risk management and plan the organization’s financial strategy.
- Finance Director must be well-versed in all aspects of financial management ranging from simple accounting to broad investment and banking operations.
- The ideal candidate must be an excellent leader with capacity for effective financial management in a matrix reporting environment.
- Their objective is to protect the company’s revenues and profits to achieve full financial control and sustainable growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
Finance and Treasury:
- Analyse and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statement
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors.
- Oversee project finance reporting and financial regulatory reporting across the company’s group.
- Identifying value creation opportunities for portfolio companies and making recommendations in that regard to the Board.
- Conducts advanced financial and operational performance analyses of portfolio companies to track performance against operational and investment returns targets, and to provide early warning of material deviations from expectations.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the Management Services provider and the O&M Contractors for each subsidiary/project and ensure adequate budget control practices
- Monitor progress and changes to keep leadership abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
Manage Vendor Relationships:
- Monitor and ensure compliance by projects and portfolio companies and their service providers (including the EPC Contractor(s), O&M Contractor, Construction Supervision etc) with applicable Environmental, Social & Governance requirements and relevant business integrity policies
- Shall ensure proper corporate governance practices including compliance with applicable Corporate Governance Code(s), statutory and other regulatory requirements.
- Actively administer all active contracts between portfolio companies or projects and service providers
- Coordinate submissions for board finance committee meetings, including preparation and dissemination of background documents etc.
- Ensure all internal and external reporting obligations are completed in a timely and accurate fashion
- Shall establish and maintain (in electronic form and, where applicable, in physical form) an adequate and accessible archive of all financial and administrative records and documents relevant to the business.
- Drive the company’s financial planning.
- Set up and oversee the company’s finance IT system
- Ensure compliance with the law and company’s policies.
- Work with investment bankers to raise additional capital required for expansion.
- Perform risk management by analyzing the organization’s liabilities and investments.
- Control and evaluate the organization’s fundraising plans and capital structure.
- Manage vendor relationships.
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or any relevant field
- 10 to 15 years of experience in financial management required.
- In depth knowledge of corporate financial rules/ laws and risk management practices with respect to the energy industry is required
- MBA or MSC in relevant field is recommended
- CFA, ACCA, other relevant qualifications will be an added advantage
- Strong financial, analytical, and reporting competencies. Strategic Planning and Organising: develops plans that achieve long-term objectives and are responsive to changes in organisational demands and environment
- Decision Making: evaluates information and options to identify potential impact of decisions on other parts of the organisation
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication
- Technical Knowledge: has high level of technical knowledge related to the job, excellent analytical skills, computer proficiency in the standard packages
- Relationship Management: establishes and maintains effective relationships, strong influencing, and negotiation skills, responds quickly, accurately, and pleasantly
IFRS and GAAP Accounting Methodologies:
- Familiarity with accounting software such as sage, Peachtree and ability to adapt to new software.
- Exceptional organizational, leadership and resource management skills.
- Good understanding of research methods and data analysis techniques
- Ability to plan for and keep track of multiple projects and deadlines.
- Familiarity with budget planning and enforcement.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of diverse business processes and strategy development
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, databases, and information systems
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply