The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Coordinator (Grants) Nigeria
Job Identification: 2869
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Category: Finance
Job Schedule: Full time
The following is a brief description of the role:
Generic Responsibilities (max 10):
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Development plan.
- Ensure that country set up adhere to Financial Handbook, NRC policies, donor and auditor requirements.
- Implement NRC’s financial systems, routines and procedures.
- Provide regular analysis and reports.
- Implement anti-corruption policy.
- Promote the rights of IDPs / returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Maintain overall budget control and monitor cash flows.
- Management of financial team.
- Training of line managers and staff with financial responsibilities.
- Adherence to NRC Policies, Guidance and Procedures.
- Support in the preparation of donor budgets, amendments and forecasts ensuring donor compliance and quality control, working closely with the budget holders and Grants Manager.
- Support in the preparation of interim and final donor financial reports for All NRC Projects in respective donor and internal NRC formats ensuring that costs are incurred in accordance with donor regulations.
- Support in providing technical support and capacity building to budget holders, finance and non-finance staff on budget preparation/revision, budget monitoring, donor regulations and the use of NRC financial tools.
- Support in preparing project Top Downs and updating the eBPO in consultation with the Head of Program; Head of Support and the Country Director.
- Allocation of shared cost percentage / amount for every new grant and ensure adequate coverage of shared costs.
- Ensure that donor submission deadlines of financial budgets and reports are planned well in advance, with a clear timeline of responsibilities by maintenance of all donor grants overview, donor requirements, rules and regulations and internal and external deadlines.
- Ensure availability of documentation required to be kept by donors by maintaining high standard information management / filing systems.
- Support in updating monthly, the Reconciliation of Deliverables template secured on the intranet, per project according to guidelines provided in the Securing Supporting Documentation Initiative.
- Support in the monthly review of the Transaction Checklist updated by the Finance Officer, Abuja, for completeness and compliance to the guidelines provided in the Securing Supporting Documentation Initiative.
- Support in ensuring that recommendations from internal and external audits are followed up.
- Be the focal point for internal and external financial audits, for both annual and project specific audits, conducted at NRC country office, by ensuring that documentation for sampled transactions are available in advance of the audits as required by auditing teams.
- Support in the Review of the Area Office monthly BVA (Budget versus actual) reports, shared by the respective Finance Team Leads, before their monitoring sessions with their respective Area Managers / Program teams in the Area Offices, by highlighting areas of risk in relation the budgets, including flagging any need for cost extensions / no-cost extensions .
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- CC Specialist
- Finance Coordinators
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
- Professional Competencies:
- These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
- Generic Professional Competencies:
- Minimum 2 years of experience from working as a Finance Coordinator or Finance Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills / profile.
- Solid knowledge of computer software and modern accounting systems.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
Context / Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Example: Knowledge of the context in Somalia.
- Example: Knowledge of the local language Somali .
- Example: Experience with start-up, exit or similar.
- These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job.
- NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies and the following are essential for this position:
- Managing performance and development.
- Empowering and building trust.
- Managing resources to optimize results.
- Handling insecure environments.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 26th August, 2021 at 7:05 PM