Spurt! is a dynamic consortium of professionals keen to collaborate with African entrepreneurs to build more efficient, more productive, and strategic businesses. Our practice is focused on deployments of technology, human-centered design thinking, and data analytics for business growth and expansion.
Spurt! was founded to develop local companies into regional and global giants. Local companies struggle to scale due to bureaucracy, inaccessible financing, organizational challenges, and sub-Saharan Africa’s geopolitical conditions. Our objective is to help build large local companies with sufficient scale and capacity to add value locally and regionally. We provide Strategic Advisory, Research & Analytics, Implementation Support and Stakeholder Management through our five verticals: Start-up Services, Spurt! X, Research and Data Analytics, Business Advisory and Human Capital Development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Associate
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
- We are a fully remote company and, consequently, can employ individuals passionate about African Development in any part of the world.
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company and oversee all financial processes to optimize profit
- Produce financial statements and analyse financial information to assist business profitability and growth.
- Review and maintain up-to-date accounting processes and practices and improve where necessary to ensure efficient financial operations.
- Prepare company monthly and annual budget and support with project billing, reporting and planning process.
- Ensure compliance with tax regulations and remittance of monthly taxes to the appropriate tax authorities.
- Track and determine financial status by analyzing actual results in comparison with forecasts.
- Provide accurate and sound management reporting to assist with key decision making across the organization.
- Prepare statutory and management accounts for audit purposes.
- Manage operating and capital expenditure and provide recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance.
- Carry out other financial administration tasks as assigned.
- Ensure work output is in line with accounting standards and conventions.
- Coordinate and supervise the month-end and year-end closing.
- Monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting guidelines and prepare technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical, and comprehensive manner.
- Participate in other projects as may be required from time to time.
- Build scalable accounting processes to support global growth.
- Partner with Product, Engineering and Growth to support existing products and services and build new accounting processes for new products and services
- Oversee operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
- Years of solid experience in financial management and monitoring systems
- Extensive understanding of financial trends both within the company and general market patterns
- Solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulationsExcellent organizational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work
- Excellent financial and analytical skills Proficient user of finance software.
- Partner with all stakeholders to support internal financial systems and automation
- Maintain the financial health of the organization.
- Analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results, and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans.
- At minimum, a Bachelor’s Degree, a Master’s Degree or professional certification will be an advantage.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team
- Ability to demonstrate leadership
- Strong planning and coordinating skills.
- Willingness to be flexible and nimble
- Most importantly, abundant curiosity about how to make this world a better place to live
- Obsessive attention to detail, responsive communication, thoughtful problem-solving and an execution mindset; zero inbox mentality is strongly preferred
- Ability to work autonomously, Incredibly professional, discreet and trustworthy. Gossips need not apply.
- Availability to work flexible hours as needed
- You are EXTREMELY detail-oriented and you don’t drop the ball
- Motivated, optimistic, and passionate about our mission
- Impeccable work ethic with ability to learn quickly and multi-task
- Strong ability to build relationships and trust as part of a small team
- Strong communication skills (via phone, email, and in-person) and drafting skills for reporting on financial performance.
- Familiar with tools such as Google Apps, Slack, Microsoft Office, Zoom, etc.
- Entrepreneurial Mindset: have the hunger to be proactive and take over the lead strategist.
- Integrity: we need to be able to trust your ability to do what is right, not just what is expedient
- Self-Reliance: be able to make important decisions on behalf of Spurt
- Team Spirit: be able to work with colleagues at all times
- Dynamism: be able to adjust quickly and effectively to new situations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply