Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim – ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe and 3 in Jigawa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Finance Archivist
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full Time
Proposed Start date: September 2021
Direct Line Manager: Finance Officer
- Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission is looking for Finance Archivist to join our team in our Maiduguri Office, Borno.
- The Finance Archivist position reports directly to the Finance Officer.
- The Finance Archivist is required to provide support to Improve the quality of the finance documents, file and archive the documents, send monthly accountancy files to Capital office and ensure effective finance service delivery for effective implementation of AAH programs.
- Check all invoices and confirm their amount as from their reception and the coherence with the accountancy in Saga.
- Prepare a report for the Finance Officer of all missing invoices or differences in amounts from the SAGA extracted file.
- Check that all the invoices are present for each budget line and each contract.
- Ensure photocopying of all original & split documents.
- Check that the accounting codes, the project codes and the budget codes are accurate as per the attached PR or program allowance request form.
- Check that all the invoices are present for each transaction in the accountancy.
- Finalize the dispatch of files by adding labels and adequate packaging for the originals to be sent to capital.
- At the end of the monthly accountancy closure, prepare the files to be sent to capital (final checking of invoices and their presence.
- File and archive the copies in the base.
- File the originals according to budget (contract) and budget line.
- Reclassify the invoices according to their new budget lines if necessary, particularly when they have been used in various operations (redistribution of the initial budget lines)
- If requested by the Finance Coordinator, look for the original invoices or photocopies, and then reclassify them correctly.
- Check that all invoices and their amounts are present as from their reception and the coherence with the accountancy in excel file.
- Degree in Accounting, Management, Finance, or related field;
- Minimum of 1-year experience in finance and administration-related role;
- Exceptional organization and planning skills;
- Ability to work in a team and juggle competing priorities;
- Ability to manage and follow work plans;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Commitment to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy.
- Strong computer skills, and familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Experience in the International Non-Governmental Organization (INGO) and Humanitarian context preferably;
- Good interpersonal skills (communication, able to negotiate, influence, give effective feedback, be a team player);
- Minimum Basic Salary: NGN120,887 per month
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, paid leave per year, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
Application Deadline 16th August, 2021.