Teaching at the Right Level Africa (TaRL Africa) is a newly formalised partnership between Education NGO, Pratham, and research centre J-PAL, who have been working together developing cost-effective, scalable literacy and Numeracy interventions for more than 15 years. The fruits of these efforts have been the development of what we now refer to as the TaRL.
The TaRL approach, pioneered by Pratham, helps children develop basic reading and numeracy skills. In TaRL classroom: children are assessed on basic reading and numeracy using a simple tool; grouped by learning level, rather than by grade, for a dedicated time when they focus building foundational skills through activities and materials appropriate for each group. As children progress, they move to the next learning group and continue to grow.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance & Administrative Assistant
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Job Type: Full Time
Summary of the Role
- Teaching at the Right Level (TaRL) Africa seeks a Finance and Administrative Assistant to support the country’s programme operations. The role will report to the Country Manager and is responsible for supporting finance and administrative operations.
- This involves establishing and maintaining efficient administrative systems and control mechanisms to support the smooth running of office operations and ensure compliance with administrative, human resource procedures and financial processes.
- Support the day to day operational, financial, and administrative operations (including processing staff requests related to programme operations)
- Ensure compliance with Financial internal controls and ensure that transactions are processed and assets managed in accordance with the TaRL Africa financial and operational policies.
- Support programme teams in financial reporting processes
- Develop and monitor field and office budgets
- Support the office audits and, financial risk management and fraud prevention issues
- Develop and maintain effective office systems (e.g., IT support, office maintenance, fixed assets, supplier contact), ensuring these are consistent with TaRL Africa’s operating requirements.
- Support the efficient running of TaRL Africa Nigeria office daily operations.
- Ensure all procurement processes are in compliance with TaRL Africa and donor regulations.
- Support logistics for TARL Africa Nigeria programme activities and other administration duties as may be assigned.
- Ensure expenses are authorised and processed in accordance with agreed procedures for both TaRL Africa and donors.
- Maintain the accounting reporting process, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of ledgers and all supporting documentation and compliance with finance and procurement regulations.
- Maintain accounting records, ensuring they are complete, accurate, well archived and safeguarded
- Support in the recruitment and appointments of local General Service staff, and administer field staff entitlements and claims
Required Minimum Skills and Competencies
- At least 1 year experience in finance, operations and office administration, ideally for a non-profit organization.
- A Degree in Finance, Accounting, Management, Business Administration or any relevant field.
- Experience in setting up new accounting systems.
- Experience in reporting to donors
- Ability to think critically and analytically, and identify and troubleshoot potential issues before they arise.
- Positive team player with interest in people management and development
- Ability to learn and use new technologies.
- Experience in book-keeping and computerised accounting systems (ERPs).
- Experience in making improvements to financial systems; an aptitude for this work is an advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a writing assessment, followed by an interview process
- Due to the large volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to short-listed applicants.
- TaRL Africa is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce
Application Deadline 30th August, 2021.