ReelFruit is the largest dried fruit processing, marketing and distribution company based in Nigeria. ReelFruit converts Nigeria’s abundant supply of tropical fruits that would have gone to waste into delicious snacks. We are on a mission to delight our customers with healthy snacks and launch innovative processed fruit products. We retail a range of dried fruit snacks across over 400 locations in Nigeria and have exported our products to Saudi Arabia, Switzerland, and Belgium. We also retail on Amazon.com. ReelFruit is headquartered in Lagos with regional offices in Abuja and Port Harcourt.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field / Extension Agent (Supply Chain)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Extension / Field Agent is responsible for organizing and monitoring all operational activities on the farm.
Duties / Responsibilities
- To organize and monitor all operational activities, including the allocation of inputs as needed.
- To closely monitor the growth and development of the fruits, ensure fruits are within maturity specifications of ReelFruit before they are harvested and dispatched.
- To work with the person in charge of fruit receipts at the factory to ensure that the appropriate fruits for any processing round are available.
- To distribute and account for all inputs delivered to all farmers in your operational area
- To improve the long-term performance of farmers’ farms by increasing their capacity to adapt and apply better practices through exposure to new knowledge, information, skills, inputs, and procedures.
- To encourage farmers to adopt better practices through exposure to new knowledge, information, skills, inputs and processes to improve the long-term performance of their farms.
- To serve as “eyes and ears” of ReelFruit, raise red flags and troubleshoot in situations that will require such attention to preempt the occurrence and recurrence.
- Maintaining positive relationships with supplying farmers to enhance ReelFruit’s positive reputation.
- To supervise the dissemination of information, skills and techniques to farmers based on the ReelFruit protocol.
- To prepare weekly and monthly reports on activities progress.
- To demonstrate the right usage and application of agro-inputs on farms.
- To monitor and assist in collecting data from both demonstration farms and farmer’s farms in the area of operations.
- Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree / HND in relevant fields
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience.
As the Extension/Field Agent, you’ll need to show:
- Strong communication, presentation and liaison and interpersonal skills.
- Tactfulness in task execution.
- Keen and in-depth interest in fruit farming especially for Mangoes.
- Knowledge of, and experience in the application of Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) relating to crops of interest to ReelFruit.
- An open, flexible and innovative working style.
- Ability to communicate in English and the local language.
- Must be able to work under tight schedules and manage time efficiently.
- Ability to ride a motorbike.
- Ability to integrate and work within rural areas and farming communities.
- Ready to visit farmers within your operational area at least once each week.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 25th November, 2021.