Norwegian Church Aid (‘NCA’) is a member of the ACT Alliance and works with people and local actors, especially Faith-based actors in many countries where it works in their struggle to eradicate poverty and injustices. We provide humanitarian assistance in disasters and work for long-term development in local communities and societies. In order to address the root causes of poverty, we advocate for just decisions by public authorities, businesses and religious leaders.
NCA has a presence in Nigeria to respond to the Humanitarian crisis in Northeast Nigeria. NCA has its core competencies in Gender Based Violence and Water Sanitation and Hygiene. NCA has its strengths in works and invest in local partners ensures building their capacities are built from the onset of response, in order to enable them to have the capacity to respond in a long-term intervention including recovery and development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Administration Officer
Location: Pulka, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Category and Level: Category III
Reporting to: Senior HR & Admin Officer
Duty station: Pulka, with visits to other locations.
Time Frame: 5 Months
Brief Description of the Post
- The administration Officer is a key person in the Administration department. She/he manages utilities, supplies, repairs and cleanliness in NCA, ensuring order and availability of working assets for the staff.
- She/he manages vehicle transport, accommodation of staff in the field location.
- She/he is the liaison person with Maiduguri about administrative matters for the smooth running of their respective field locations.
- Specific objectives of mission (objectives, scope and deliverables) Max 7 or less.
- To facilitate the staff with guesthouse and office supplies
- To facilitate staff movement and accommodation both in Maiduguri and field offices
- To ensure we have valid contracts and requisitions are timely
- Ensure clean guest house and offices, including direct supervision of cleaners, security guards and work closely with Maiduguri admin office for smooth running of the field location.
- Training Preparations in the field
- Liaison role- Both with external and internal departments and field offices
- Roles and responsibilities (specific tasks, coordination etc…)
Related to Objective 1:
- Ensure there is cooking gas and clean drinking water regularly and the water dispensers/pots are in good clean conditions
- Facilitate availability of office stationaries, toiletries, generator fuel and other material necessary for the smooth operations of the guest houses and Office
- Ensure that stationeries, supplies and assets records are updated on a regular basis in line with NCA procurement policy.
- Ensure the utilities are smooth and running i.e. the electricity bills available and paid, the DSTV, generator fuel etc.
Related to Objective 2:
- Keep a record of all staff travels and facilitate according to plan.
- Liaise with the Maiduguri admin on respective staff accommodations for staff arriving and departing to designated approved destinations. This includes, Red Roof for non-Maiduguri staff, international staff and visitors to the field office.
- Administration of the vehicle logs to ensure each driver has enough log sheets, that they are duly filled and form part of the payment request for the motor company.
- Collect all invoices, bills for movement and accommodation within the month and dispatch to Maiduguri for processing.
- Process payment requests for the invoices for further action by finance department
- Manage the staff movement board ensuring that vehicles are available on schedule to transport staff to different official locations
Related to Objective 3:
- Ensure that we have valid contracts that are duly signed by NCA and other parties for office/guest house tenancy, security, DSTV, Generator lease, all equipment repairs including computers
- Manage the schedule of contracts in the location which stipulates the beginning and end date and notify the line manager of the end dates at least one month in advance or according to the terms of the contract.
Related to Objective 4:
- Supervise all Security guards, cleaners and housekeepers in discharging their duties.
- Ensure that the cleaners/house keepers have the tools of work, brooms, mops, following up on pending requisitions you place for their work tools.
- Ensure that the small repairs for electricals, tools are carried out to satisfaction of staff. This includes the IT equipment.
- Cleanliness of compound, office and guest houses with all litter bins emptied and garbage collected
Related to Objective 5:
- Support in trainings, ensuring that the training venue is ready before training kicks off
- Ensure the service provider adheres and delivers as per the purchase order issued in terms of training meals and tea / coffee and other provisions.
- Have the material and equipment returned after the function for future use and safe custody.
- Ensure that material and equipment are delivered to the venue.
Related to Objective 6:
- Liaison with Maiduguri officers for the smooth running of the field offices and vehicle movements.
- Petty cash administration on imprest basis and requisitioning when the balance is at reasonable levels.
- Filing of all vouchers and sending them to Maiduguri
- Photocopies and sending any relevant documents to Maiduguri.
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned by the line manager
- Administrative Degree from a recognised institution
- Proven experience in managing Finance and administrative functions
- Two years’ experience in similar position
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation, including relevant staff working for the NCA.
- GOOD skills with experience of operating computer-based financial management systems. Competent to advanced level in Microsoft Office.
- Willingness and ability to take the initiative not only in identifying problems but also in suggesting and implementing solutions.
- Willingness to travel and stay in remote areas as required.
- Good knowledge of relevant Nigerian legislation governing International NGOs
- Fluency in English, additional fluency in Hausa and Kanuri an advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships with all staff and key stakeholders externally.
NCA is committed to following the following policies, standards and commitments and all staff are equally expected to conform to their requirements:
- Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP)
- Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Disaster Relief
- ACT Alliance Code of Conduct
- SPHERE Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Disaster Relief
- NCA Nigeria Security Plan
- NCA Nigeria Staff Handbook
- Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Norwegian Church Aid and amongst beneficiaries served by Norwegian Church Aid.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV in a single document (Saved by their name) to: [email protected] using their Job Title and Location as the subject of the mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Qualified Borno state indigenes are encouraged to apply
Application Deadline 29th August, 2021.