Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc – Headquartered in Ibadan is responsible for electricity distribution within the south western zone (Oyo, Ogun, Osun and kwara as well as some parts of Kogi, Ekiti and Niger states).
We are an organization with a focus on delivering excellent service to the customers and providing customer satisfaction through reliable power distributions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Facility Officer
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Available Slots: 5
- To identify and meet the minor construction and architectural design works, maintenance needs of the company’s physical properties, supervising maintenance duties to keep them in good condition.
- Minor construction and architectural design works for the company’s physical properties.
- Inspect buildings, equipment and appliances for functionality, checking for faults and fixing them where they exist to keep all things running and functioning properly; also, make provision for replacement of old and damaged appliances.
- Diagnose problems with appliances and facilitate prompt repairs for the convenience of staff and visitors, and carry out repairs on minor problems, such as light fixtures, clogged toilets, leakages, peeling wall and furniture.
- Design plan and schedule for works to be executed on properties.
- Work with HSE Function to ensure that our properties are safe and void of any danger to its occupants, visitors, and workers by putting away harmful objects and equipment, and putting in place machinery to handle emergencies, such as fire outbreaks; and create exit routes with proper direction for easy location during emergencies.
- Directs Cleaning & preparation of vacated buildings and rooms, getting them ready for new users to move in.
- Create and implement property maintenance policies and standards to serve as guide to other property workers in a bid to prevent misuse of property appliances which could result to damage.
- Develop and maintain a good relationship with contractors, vendors, and site workers to get the best bargains on property repairs, supplies, and maintenance.
- Where necessary, put up warning notices to keep people off facilities, installations, sub-stations etc. that are meant only for authorized personnel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture / Building Engineering & related field with 1 – 3 years experience.
- Knowledge of the use of Auto-CAD and or other contemporary architectural design software.
- Knowledge of commonly applied real estate principles, rules, regulations, and practices as well as agency, state, and local government procedures and appropriate statutes and policies
- Knowledge of property disposal policies and procedures
- Knowledge of standard space management and utilization practices
- Previous experience of managing a facilities/office services Function
- Good technical knowledge of building services – electrical engineering, air and water systems, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of acquisition and management procedures including leases, easements, rights-of-way, consignments, licenses, permits, or grant procedures and required documentation
- Good analytical skills
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Creative Thinking Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Good report writing and oral communication skills
- Problem-Solving Skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 30th August, 2021.