British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fabrication Technician
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Function: Operations – Manufacturing
Reports to: Engineering Service Manager
Seniority Level: Non-Management
Role Positioning and Objectives
- This work involves the controlling, operating or maintaining of machines and equipment at the Fabrication workshops within the Engineering Department in order to support the manufacturing department to manufacture products on time and in full according to specified quality standards and at optimum cost
What You Will Be Accountable For
- Support in coordinating all the welding and machining workshop activities to ensure all the components are welded or fabricated in an effective and efficient manner in accordance to the required quality standard to support the manufacturing of quality product in a cost-effective manner.
- Ensure that machines and equipment are operated according to approved standard operating procedures and safety guidelines
- Ensure that machines and equipment are maintained according to the maintenance plan/schedule in conformance to manufacturer’s standards.
- Conduct daily and weekly CIL as prescribed to ensure efficient machine performance of with zero losses
- Complete relevant documents/checklists as prescribed in order to ensure availability of accurate reporting and maintenance data.
- Apply EHS procedures and good housekeeping practices in order to prevent personal injuries and damage to equipment.
- Provide comprehensive daily report and update on all customers’ requests for the Fabrication Section.
- Provide valuable support to ensure that all NC / Audit action point delivered OTIF.
- Seek for regular feedback or coaching sessions at least once a quarter from your Team Leader.
- Drive the right attitude throughout the department lead by example and display high level of responsibility
- Carry out coaching sessions at least once a quarter for direct reports and follow up to track effectiveness.
- Ensure a prompt end of shift report of all Technical issues preventing the machines in his domain from achieving optimum performance.
- Carry out a comprehensive maintenance job with necessary supervision and controlling of other team members to achieve this aim.
- Have a high level of hands on skills in operating a wide range of fabrication equipment (welding, drilling, grinding, guillotine, lathe, shaping, milling, pressing, cutting, bending and rolling machines).
- Perform periodic and corrective maintenance on all available machines and equipment to keep them in base condition
- Perform RCAs of major failures in the fabrication workshops
- Attend to any other responsibility that may be assigned from time to time.
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum of OND in Welding and Fabrication, Mechanical Engineering, Machining Technology or related course
- Ability to sketch mechanical designs
- Ability to draft BOMs for fabrication jobs
- Basic Knowledge of Costing is required.
- Computer literacy and good skills of Microsoft Office Package
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in welding and machining
- Sound knowledge in the manufacture of intricate parts with allowable tolerance limits.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and schematics as it relates to machine parts.
Competitive salary package + excellent benefits
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply