Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Officer
Position Reports to: Country Director
- The Executive Officer will work closely with the Country Director and its management team as necessary to provide support to the Country Director.
- S/he will provide executive level administrative support, clerical support, receiving partners/visitors, arranging travels and correspondences, and scheduling meetings with high level report writing as necessary.
- The Executive Officer will enhance the Country Director’s effectiveness by ensuring information management as well as representing the Country Director to others.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Conserves Country Director’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Maintains confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Secures information by completing data base backups.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions.
- Produce reports, presentations and briefs for office of the Country Director.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- As assigned by the CD, Support specific initiatives, activities, projects and research under the office of the Country Director or wider SMT.
- Maintains Country Director’s appointment schedule by coordinating travels, planning and scheduling meetings, take minutes, action notes and deal with any follow up action.
- Undertake any other duties as maybe required commensurate with the level of the post.
- As necessary, collaborate with other project team members to ensure necessary project planning, resource availability and management activities function smoothly and efficiently
- Arrange logistics for all Program activities and draft correspondence to partners, NGOs and other agencies as requested by the CD.
- Assist with organization of meetings, field visits, and other activities.
- Assist with maintaining the project calendar and keeping it up-to-date.
- Assist with gathering technical updates for program planning, training, components of evaluations and other studies on related programs.
- Provide administrative support in the design, implementation and monitoring of project activities.
- Order training materials in coordination with the Program team leaders and ensure that training materials and supplies reach training sites in a timely manner.
- Assist with other programmatic and administrative duties as required
Required Qualifications/ Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social / Behavioral Sciences, Public Administration and Health related courses. Masters in any of this related field will be an added advantage.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload.
- Proficiency in English.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent knowledge in Microsoft Office and word processing and other relevant statistical applications.
- Demonstrated expertise working with management teams.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving.
- A minimum of 5-6 years’ strong experience in similar position within the INGO / private sector.
- Membership of Chartered Institute of Administrators added advantage.
- Strong time management, planning and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a pleasant personality.
- Discretion and confidentiality.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] using the Title and Location as the Subject of the email eg. “Executive Officer, Abuja”
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
Application Deadline 1st September, 2021.